Notices

St. Martin Hotels and Recommendations

Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:23 PM
erp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Martin Hotels and Recommendations

My husband and I are taking a trip in July for 5 nights. We want to go to Caribbean for a relaxing vacation on the beach. We want a nice hotel with services, beachfront, restaurants nearby. Nightlife isn't very important. I have not been able to decide where to go...was thinking of Puerto Rico or Turks, but am now considering St. Martin, French Side. The two top hotels, Le Petit Hotel and LeEsplanade have great reviews, but one is not on the beach. Grand Case Beach Club seems really affordable and there are great packages, and the resort seems to have a lot to offer -- beachfront, restaurant, walking distance to town. Has anyone stayed at these hotels or can offer recommendations on St. Martin? Thanks so much.
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:29 AM

When there last La Samana was best for me not cheap. Marigot is cute little french great walking town and good food my fav town. Grand Case is nice as long as hotels have good reviews go for it. I usually rent a car with one of the majors for freedom and flexibility.

Happy Travels!
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:56 AM

Hello erp

Please take a look at my responses to redux2722 who is asking pretty much the same question.

Click on number 15 on the list at the left of here, and you will get most of the answers you need.

I would also suggest that you take a look at the website of Le Domaine de Lonvilliers. It is a very nice 4 star hotel.
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 03:04 AM
erp
Original Poster

How is the weather in July ? Is it very hot?
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 06:36 AM

The weather in July is nice, no too hot, no threat of hurricanes and the sea is warm and flat. Don't let L'Esplanade being up on the hill sway you...it is the best hotel on the island. Of course you need to take TripAdvisor Reviews with a grain of salt but they are all good so that says something about a property. Grand Case is a great little town and my favorite part of the island by far. Grand Case Beach Club is very old and pretty tired but the location is super. If you aren't too picky about the accommodations it could be a good choice. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:03 AM

kcpingc

I don't know when you were last at the Grand Case Beach Club but, though it is not in the same class (or price bracket) as L'Esplanade, there is a steady program of re-furbishment, so if you do book there be sure to request one of the renovated units.

July IS in the hurricane season, but the peak time for hurricanes here is usually between the begining of August and the end of September, though that doesn't mean that they CAN'T happen in July !

One other point, of which erp needs to be aware is that some hotels close during the 'low season', but most of them will probably still be open in July - he will certainly find out when he tries to book !
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
erp
Original Poster

thanks everyone. This is so helpful. I was also looking at Turks during the same time (July) and the prices were so much higher than St. Marten...do you know why? St. Marten seems so much more beautiful.
Old Mar 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM

Turks and Caicos has a limited supply of hotels as does St. Maarten, but they tend to be more luxurious 4-5 stars in quality. A few like Amanyara, Parrot Cay and Tuscany are among the finest luxury resorts the Caribbean has to offer. St. Maarten doesn't have anything in the same league.

http://best-caribbean-vacations.blog...os-top-10.html
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 12:04 AM

cdrx451

When you state categorically that St Martin has no hotels to compare with T & C, I presume that you are not familiar with either L'Esplanade or La Samanna !