COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

St. Lucia - where to stay?

Old Dec 13th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

St. Lucia - where to stay?

I recently became very infatuated with the Anse Chastenet Resort. Before I go and drop that much money per night, I want to do my homework and look into other places to stay on the island that would cost less but still meet my desires. I'm looking for the following things I don't require spa treatment or to be pampered! Just want to hit the adventure activities with a focus on snorkeling / kayaking.)

1. snorkeling right off the beach (I understand which side of the island you are on makes for more or less ideal conditions due to the wind) (and I hear the snorkeling of the Anse Chastenet beach is good).
2. a pool
3. air conditioning
4. Would be nice if boat snorkel trips were offered
5. I would like to be able to go on excursions to the mineral baths, sulphur springs, plantations, easy rainforest hiking, and possibly go into town.
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Last time I checked, I believe that Anse Chastanet did not have a pool. Also, I think some of the rooms do not have A/C.
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Yes I believe you are correct I got that impression as well. More reasons for me to be looking for another place to say!
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 03:13 AM

On my St. Lucia wish list and in the same area as Anse Chastanet: Jalousie Plantation. Check it out!
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 05:03 AM

Ti Kaye Village is built on a hillside above the beach but it has everything else on your wishlist. It's quite a climb up from the beach but there are 2 restaurants (one at beach level).

http://www.tikaye.com/

I would recommend renting a car as excursions/taxi rides are expensive.
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Thank you it appears that Ti Kaye Village is less per night yet offers the a similar intimate experience.