Reload this Page >

St. Lucia September Weather

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 10:01 AM
B

My fiance and I are going to St. Lucia for our honeymoon from September 17, 2001 to September 24, 2001. I am nervous about the "hurricane season". Can anyone tell me what we can expect weather wise at that time of year. Thanks!

Old May 22nd, 2001, 02:08 PM
Kim

Go to www.weathersite.com/Ban-Islan.html and look up the weather from previous yrs. Hope this helps.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 02:10 PM
Kim

St. Lucia is usually not effected by the "Hurricane season" to far south.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:37 AM
Mariko

My husband and I went on our honeymoon that extact week last September! We were married on the 16th and that seemed to be a common day for many of the couples that we met. I also had some worries about the weather being in hurricane season so I hope it helps to hear that we had beautiful weather when we were there! It did rain a little every day but only for 15 minutes or so and the sun was often shining so it did not affect any of our activities. <BR>You will love St.Lucia! It is so lush and tropical. Don't miss the trip to the rainforest or the snorkling at Anse Chastanet. <BR>Hope this helps.

Old May 24th, 2001, 10:10 AM
B

Thank you so much for your response. You have set my mind at ease!

Old May 24th, 2001, 12:41 PM
xxx

Actually, St. Lucia can and has been hit with hurricanes. It just don’t get hit as often.

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Mariarosa

Hi B! I am also considering going to St. Lucia in September, and if I do I will definitely buy trip insurance. While St. Lucia is south, hurricanes can still hit it. Lenny (Nov '97) damaged St. Lucia. Additionally, other tropical storsm with less sustained winds than a hurricane can hit it, and while the hurricane season lasts from June-November, the months of August-October tensd to be the ones with the most hurricane activity. However, according to USA Today (see http://www.usatoday.com/weather/huri...ce/whpsept.htm ) the probability of a hurricane in St. Lucia in September is less than other islands (for example, St. Martin). <BR> <BR>However, you should also know that September, along with August, January and November are the wettest months in St. Lucia (for more information see http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/wstlucia.htm ). St. Lucia has 18 wet days in September, out of 30 days. That is why St. Lucia appears to be so tropical and lush!

Old May 24th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Mariarosa

Another link for St. Lucia weather is http://weather.yahoo.com/almanac/St_Lucia_LC_c.html According to this site, July, September, October and November get the most amount of rain. This is not to alrm you, buty rather so you can prepare accordingly (buy trip insurance and be prepared for some rain).

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Nano

Hi B, <BR>My husband and I had our honeymoon on St. Lucia in September, 1987 (at Anse Chastanet) and our 5th anniversary there in August 1993. Both times, the weather was great. It rained a few minutes each day and then the sun came out. Our 15th anniversary is next year and we plan to head back to St. Lucia in the fall again.