Search

St. Lucia Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Lucia Restaurants

We are planning seven-night stay at the Royal St. Lucian and would like recommendations for the best restaurants for dinners -- we eat fish, veggies, and pasta (but we don't eat meat) -- we prefer "fine dining" places for dinner -- we will use taxis as needed, so we would like to stick to locations that are within 15-minutes or so by taxi from the Royal -- many thanks.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 07:21 AM

You have to go to Ladera - it's up in the mountains with views of the Pitons....you'll need a taxi.....www.ladera.com - check it out!
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

We want to stick to general Castries/Rodney Bay area (to avoid very long taxi rides if possible), so we are planning our 7 dinners (fish, vegetarian, or Italian) at Chic, Edge, Buzz, Coalpot, Great House, Jacques, and Charthouse (or perhaps Capone's or Key Largo for Italian) -- any reactions or recommendations? Thanks.
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Gin

It's almost ten years since we stayed at the Royal St. Lucian but it was a great spot, and we were well taken care of during a late season hurricane Lenny. For that reason we stayed pretty close to home too. I remember we liked the Charthouse b/c we went there twice. I think Capone's was new then but I remember we didn't care for it. It was rather formal but not comfortable. If you are up for something a little less fine dining, but with great food check out The Lime. It's an easy walk from the Royal (as is Charthouse) and it has a lively bar scene along with the restaurant. The rotis were the best and they came in appetizer or entree size. Have fun!
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 08:22 AM

It had been about 3 years since we were there but The Coal Pot was fantastic. I had one of the best Caribbean Lobster dishes ever there. It was cut out of the shell, then placed back on. There were a choice of sauces for it. I'm hungry now. The atmosphere is also wonderful!
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

What are your opinions about the Cliff at Cap Maison or Piano Piano at Cotton Bay Villas?
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 12:49 PM

Since you are going all that way to the island - a good day trip - i.e. while seeing the pitons, sulphur springs - why not a stop at Ladera - it is truly a unique experience - both the food and the views.