Search

St. Lucia or Bahamas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 04:27 AM
katie

St. Lucia or Bahamas

My husband & I have finally narrowed out choices down to two. St. Lucia, Hyatt Regency or Nassau, Bahamas Sadals Royal Bohamian. In your opinion, which island is the better of the two? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Katie

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 07:59 AM
Maureen

Katie: Your question is very broad. It really depends on a number of factors and not knowing what you are looking for in a vacation makes it difficult to advise. Nassau and St. Lucia are so totally different that I would recommend that you do a little more research on the islands themselves. Some questions I would have are: <BR>1. Is this your first visit to the Caribbean? <BR>2. Do you like to be able to get around and sightsee or do you just want to park on a beach and relax? <BR>3. Do you like a lot of action and nightlife? Or do you like nature and undeveloped surroundings? <BR> <BR>Some points to consider: <BR>St. Lucia is a large island and difficult to get around. Nassau is small, compact, crowded but has a more developed infrastructure. <BR> <BR>Nassau is much more developed and offers more in the way of shopping, restaurants and nightlife. <BR> <BR>St. Lucia is noted for its lushness, and geographical beauty. <BR> <BR>Some thoughts to consider.