Search

St. Lucia : GOLF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 05:15 AM
Mary

St. Lucia : GOLF

Has anyone played golf in St. Lucia? We are staying at the Windjammer over Christmas 2001 and wonder whether it is worth taking clubs (3 sets!!). SHould we just focus on the water sports? We have played golf all over the world (Hawaii, Thailand, Puerto Rico) and if the golf in St. Lucia is pretty basic or run down courses, we won't bother.<BR>Get back to me as soon as possible because we leave on Dec. 22. THANX SO MUCH!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 06:46 AM
Jan

Mary, We stayed and the Windjammer 2 years ago and it was wonderful. If I remember, there are 2 golf courses on the island. My husband played on one of the courses and said it was awful. I don't remember seeing the other course so I can't tell you what condition it was in. On the course my husband played, the ground was rock hard and very bumpy so he played 9 holes and left. I hope this helps.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 07:30 AM
mary

From what I understand, there are only two courses on the island and neither are anything to write home about. If I were you, I'd keep the clubs at home.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 12:24 PM
xxxx

Keep the clubs at home. Sandals course is one of the 2 and if you're not staying there it's not worth the greens fee. The other is located close to Windjammer but is an inland course and although recently refurbished nothing of the caliber of rated courses.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 01:15 PM
Ron

We stayed at the Windjammer two years ago and we loved it. If you want any information please let me know. About golf, DON'T. The course is awful and a terrible waste of your vacation time. there are some wonderful things to do in St. Lucia but golf is not one of them.