Search

St.Kitts/Nevis hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 12:33 PM
ceb

St.Kitts/Nevis hotels?

Considering a trip to St.Kitts/Nevis and would appreciate any info. regarding first class accomodations on either island. Have looked into the 4seasons, but are not convinced it would be worth the $. Any other suggestions? We'd prefer a location that comes with all the perks (all inclusive, sight-seeing, beach service, etc.) Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 04:26 PM
Harriet

Four Seasons is gorgeous but it got smacked last year during Hurricane Lenny. Check to make sure it's back to full swing if you decide to book there. Nesbit Plantation is also lovely. It, too, is on Nevis. <BR> <BR>Harriet

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 04:28 AM
Bill

<BR>The 4 Seasons was put out of business by hurricane Lenny. As of 2 days ago, 12 holes are open on the golf course and they are hoping to reopen November 24th. Pinney beach took a beating but will recover someday. We stay at Timothy Beach Resort in St. Kitts. It's the only resort on the caribbean waters. mail me direct for any info. www.timothybeachresort.com

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 05:00 AM
ceb

Thanks Harriet & Bill! I appreciate your input. I'm aware of the damage done by Lenny, especially at the 4seasons. We won't be travelling for awhile so I'm hoping most places will have had time to recover. Harriet, would you say that the 4seasons is worth the $$? Any notable perks? Is transportation to St.Kitts provided at no add. cost? Thanks!!

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 07:16 PM
nch

We went to St.Kitts for our honeymoon 2 years ago. Great great place. Stayed at Ottey's Plantation Inn..Absolutely loved it. We got the package that included breakfast, dinner, boat cruise to Nevis, packed picnic lunch to the beach, and a tour around the island. Went to town 2 of the nights to have dinner and drinks. I would definitely consider looking into that place. Very romantic and quaint place.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 03:52 AM
Laura

I agree with the previous note: we too got married and honeymooned at Ottley's Plantation Inn on St. Kitts. We absolutely loved it. The supreme cottages are more secluded and quite spacious and romantic - ask for cottage #20 - it is further away from the dining area and has a wonderful view of the ocean from its private deck with plunge pool. It is more out of the main area - if you want totally all-inclusive, then Jack Tar/Allegro is the only one on both islands. We liked the quiet, secluded feel of Ottleys. You can take a taxi anywhere you want to go on the island, or you can rent a car to explore on your own. Either way - we had the most memorable honeymoon thanks to Marty, Nancy and Karen at Ottley's. If you want more info, feel free to contact me directly. <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 05:14 AM
Deborah

I would pick Nevis over St. Kitts. The #Nevisians (sp?)I feel are the nicest people of all the islands I have been to(next to Anguilla). When the Four Seasons is re-done (ie. additonal pools, upgraded guestrooms etc.) I feel it will be worth the $$$ and if you keep your eyes open - there probably will be re-opening special deals. <BR>You will enjoy Nevis wherever you decide to stay.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 01:01 PM
ceb

Thanks everyone! We are looking into the Golden Lemon and Ottley's as well as hoping the 4 seasons will have some deals upon reopening. Any recommendations on must do's-must see's? Anyone willing to share how much they paid for airfare? We are definitely leaning towards St.kitts as opposed to other islands. Thanks again for all the feedback!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 09:28 AM
Erica

Hi! You have made a good choice in St.Kitts/Nevis for your travels. I would highly recommend Ottleys or the Golden Lemon. We are returning to SK for our 4th trip in 5 more weeks. We always spend some time at Ottleys because it is so beautiful. It is not close to the beaches tho. We always stay at Allegro/Jack Tar because it is more inexpensive for us. Our airfare alone from Texas is over $900 a piece, so to enable us to go more often, we choose less expensive accommodations. We have friends that travel there from the east coast and I believe they only pay about $400 in airfare, and friends from Europe only pay about $300!!! Anyway, packages are the way to go! I saw that Nisbet plantation is having a summer special of 7 days for about $999, which is well worth it for this beautiful property, however, it is on Nevis. We also try to spend time there during out stay. I have traveled all over the caribbean and St. Kitts is by far my favorite find. I feel safe there, night and day. We always rent a jeep and drive everywhere (taxis tend to get expensive, $16 roundtrip to town, $32 to South friars beach, the BEST beach on the island, be sure to visit it). The people are friendly and go out of their way to visit with you. A polite "no thank you" will move vendors along on their way. Don't miss Brimstone Hill, Turtle Beach Bar and Grill on Sundays, the Monkey bar on Friday nights, Caribelle Batik, the catamaran cruise to Nevis, a "killer bee" at Sunshines (they have yummy grilled lobster also) on Pinney beach in Nevis, and snorkeling at Nisbet Plantation. As you can tell, St. Kitts is my love. If you have any more questions, feel free to email. Oh, by the way, there is a website www.myeyez.net that is specific to SK/N.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 03:13 PM
vosaki

If money is no problem, stay at the Four Seasons, there is nothing on either St. Kits or Nevis to compare to it. Only you can decide if its worth the money, but having stayed at many nice places in the Carribean -- Four Seaons is absolutely the best.

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 05:09 AM
ceb

Thanks to everyone for their input in our trip! It will be St.Kitts/Nevis for sure and we are definitely considering the 4 seasons. Thanks again to everyone!