Search

St.Johns

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 08:08 AM
FCB

St.Johns

I plann to get married 6/00 in St Johns and plan to stay at Caneel Bay. I am interested in nearby hotels or other accomodations for guests who do not want to stay at Caneel Bay for costs or other reasons. Any ideas?

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 02:52 PM
mike mchugh

the westin has a nice property. it used to be a hyatt. there is also a resort called gallows point in cruz bay that is near town. we've been to caneel bay for the last 2 yrs & will be there in 1/00email me if you want suggestions on meals & beaches

Old Nov 4th, 1999, 12:13 PM
amanda

FCB, all i can say is that you are extremely lucky to be getting married in st. john, or should i say honored??? anyway, to get to teh point, try renting a villa, or villas close together or through the same agency to get a group rate. Do you have a wedding planner?? if so, ask him/her for more ideas. hope i have helped. may your marriage be lasting and lovely.

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 06:37 PM
Brady

I find the East End of St. John to be much more romantic. The area is much more secluded and "native". I would maybe look into renting the from Zootenvalt (spelling?) Estates or another area around Coral Bay.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 04:40 AM
Karen

I have seen some great prices and "deals" or packages including airfare offered by the Westin that might interest your other guests. I suspect, the Westin would be willing to negotiate a block of rooms or villas (behind the Westin) that would be an alternative to staying at Caneel.

Old Nov 11th, 1999, 01:39 AM
TG

I concur with the reccomendation of the Westin. I was there this past weekend and it was wonderful!