St. John - just got back from CB

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Nolan

St. John - just got back from CB

Hi. I was at Caneel from 9/24-10/4. Would love to answer anyone's questions about the resort or St. John in general. It was the most amazing honeymoon ever! Fell head over heels in love with St. John.

We hit most of the island and were fairly active (hikeing, eating, snorkling, etc..). I will be posting trip reports soon as well as a link with some pics (unreal Asolare sunset pics!!!).

Feel free to post here and I will reply as soon as I can.

Happy traveling,
Matt

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 12:46 PM
nancy

Hi Nolan,
Please tell me all you can about Caneel Bay resort. We are very much leaning
towards booking there for our honeymoon
in May. Tell me about the Premium room
and oceanfront rooms and any advice
would be appreciated.

thanks again,
nancy

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Nolan

Just sent you a link to some pics from St. John.

Would definitely go with an oceanview room or better. The views are amazing, the beds unbelieveably comfortable and the accomidations are like a sophisticated adult summer camp (that is a good thing). It is not like most other hotels, but defintely has its own style, sophistication and class.

The resort is huge, and is perfectly manicured. You need a shuttle to get around. We stayed on turtle bay, so we were as far as you could get from the lobby.

The rooms are in groups depending on which beach they are on (scott, caneel, turtle, hawksnest). The pics I send include 3 or 4 shots of a white sand beach...that is scott at 1pm, with no one else on it.

If you are staying on St. John and not doing the villa thing, this is the place to go. St. John is built for honeymoons. Safe, beautiful, laid back, and fun. I could not have asked for more.

If anyone wishes to IM me with other questions I am on Yahoo Messenger under the vw_nolan id.

-Matt

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 02:52 AM
Karen

A new guide for St. John is posted at www.vinow.com with some great pix and description of the beaches. You will find some also at www.stjohnlinks.com. Use them either to dream or remember - or to motivate to get on the next plane out!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:12 AM
Nancy

Hi Nolan,
Did you send the link to my hotmail address? I didn't receive it if you did.

You mentioned the oceanfront room..which beach are they on. Any particular unit or building that is better than the other? Really
interested in seeing your photos of
Caneel Bay...Thanks so much for writing
back.

Nancy