Search

St. John in July?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 06:04 PM
Ron

St. John in July?

Looks like the only time for me to get a vacation is late June and early July. I would like to take my family to St John, but my wife is worried about hurricanes. I know it will be warm/hot, but we Californians are used to the heat. Anyone local can tell us about the weather and hurricane in that time frame?

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 01:09 PM
cj

I'm not a local, but was there end of June / beginning of July in 2000 and the weather was fantastic. Had only one late afternoon shower and saw the most spectacular double rainbow in the sky above Chocolate Hole Bay!

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 03:41 PM
Karen

Hurricane season starts June 1 but the peak is later in the Fall, September-October. Atho you take a chance anytime during the season, your risk is signifigantly small in June and July.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 04:27 PM
Ron

Thanks for the info. We are going and hope for good weather.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 05:51 PM
Karen

I didn't mention that it might be a good idea to investigate travel insurance just in case. If your trip is interrupted or you have to find alternate accomodations because of a hurricane, it can be a good thing to have.

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 09:21 PM
Ron

Great idea. Thank!

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 11:11 AM
MIke

Carnival is sometime during the week before 4th of July - if you plan on being in Crux bay a lot- you may either love that ~~ or hate it...

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Linda

Ron - I have been to St. Thomas & St. Johns several times and a few of them have been in the summer months. Keep in mind it is very humid and the bugs are a bit more bothersome. But I wouldn't let that stop you. St. John's is amazing no matter when you go. Have fun!