St. John - Hotel Suggestions

Jun 30th, 1998, 01:59 PM
Joy

St. John - Hotel Suggestions

My husband and I are still researching St. John. Now I'm curious to see if there are any other hotels on St. John, other than Westin, Caneel Bay and Gallows Point that are beach front, but are affordable... I'd like to know if anyone knows of a hotel or villa that's nice and beachfront. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to write. We really appreciate the input!!!!

Jun 30th, 1998, 08:10 PM
JIM

WE WERE IN ST. JOHN LAST MONTH AND STAYED AT COCONUT COAST JUST OUTSIDE CRUZ BAY. ITS SMALL RIGHT ON THE WATER AND AFFORDABLE. ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME

Jul 6th, 1998, 08:30 AM
Patrick

The only hotel that has beaches worth visiting is Caneel Bay- seven fabulous ones but it is not very affordable. While Gallows Point and the Wastin are nice places you will not want to stay at their beaches- man made at the Westin- when you see the beaches in the national park. If Gallows Point actually does have a beach it is very small.The only affordable place to stay directly on a beautiful beach is Cinammon Bay campground which you probably don't want. Condos in Cruz Bay are quite as bit cheaper than Gallows Point or you might want to rent a villa. the Chocolate Hole neighborhood just above the Westin has a lot of nice villas for rent and you might pay a lot less than the Westin-although villas for two are tougher to rent. You can e-mail me if you have any questions.

Jul 7th, 1998, 12:02 PM
pat

We spent one day at Trunk Bay in St. John's on a cruise ship. It is probably the only place in the Caribbean that I would return to and stay. It is rural and beautiful, people were friendly and honest. If you want more action you can catch the public ferry for $6.00 to St. Thomas for shopping, etc. I checked out Caneel Bay when I returned, it is VERY spendy. I would probably try Maho Bay if I ever get to go back.

Jul 8th, 1998, 01:25 PM
Lynn

Check out the villas at caribbeanvilla.com. We booked one for a week in November. The folks their have been very helpful.