St John - condo on beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that most condos/homes on St John are in the hills. But are there any on the beach? Going with kids and I know they'd love to be able to run out the door to the ocean. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 02:38 PM

Shoal Bay Villas aren't technically condos but they have small kitchens and living areas separate from the bedrooms (1 and 2 bedroom units available.) They are on the most amazingly beautiful stretch of beach!
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM

I believe LisaDee may be giving you misinformation. Shoal Bay Villas are on the island of Anguilla not St. John.

If I'm not mistaken I think there are only a couple of "true" beachfront villas on St. John and not all may be for rent. We checked a couple of years ago and the ones we found were either too small or way too expensive. For starters check:

www.caribbeanvilla.com/villas

http://odessa-stjohn.com/

If you do a google Seach for "Beachfront Villas, St. John, USVI" you'll find links to several websites.
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 02:37 AM

Lisa Dee, I have to agree with A_Traveller. Shoal Bay villas are not on St. John but are on Anguilla. There are some homes along Great Cruz Bay that are on the beach. The best beaches, have no homes on them. Peter Bay is propbably an exception to the rule but those homes are very expensive. You could rent a villa with a pool to satify the kids until you drive to the beach or even to keep them happy after returning from the beach.

Once our kids learned to snorkle they wanted to visit as many different beaches as they could.
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 10:38 AM

There are some great possibilities in a small community called Johnson Bay Estates. Papermoon (I think) is there and represented by www.carefreegetaways.com (I think). Johnson Bay is also home to a sailing school for kids as young as 7 and every Saturday, it's fun to watch them all sailing their little sailboats in the bay. There are several homes available for rent in this community and the kids would have a great time exploring the nearby sandbar as well. Hope this helps.