Reload this Page >

St. John Caneel Bay or Westin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 05:02 PM
debbie

Am trying to decide between these two. Anyone love or hate either. Please help.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Paul

if money is not a huge factor, Caneel Bay all the way. 7 beaches to choose from each and every day. Compared to 1 man made beach at the Westin.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Karen

No contest, Caneel. Those seven beaches on property are wonderful and it is the premier spot in the USVI. Nestled in the National Park on 170 acres with the accomodations grouped either on one of the beaches or near the tennis courts or the garden rooms gives the feel of a much smaller intimate resort. Very comfortable relaxing atmosphere. I found the Westin more "hotel like" and the feature there is the pool not the beach area. Standard rooms are small and sealed tite - at Caneel, some of the windows can be opened to the air. Rooms there are hillside semicricle around the pool in tiers. Spent many wonderful vacations at Caneel and if it's possible look at the Island Hopper package for Caneel/Little Dix Bay split. Really a nice option.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:22 PM
e

Easy ----If you got the $$$$-Caneel, if money is a consideration-Westin. And, in spite of what people say on this board, the Westin is a fine resort.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 04:23 AM
debbie

Ok, Caneel seems to be the winner. Would you still suggest Caneel with children. I do see they now have programs and activities for kids.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Paul

Took my then6 yr old to Caneel 2 yrs ago. She did fine. There were just enough other childeren there so that she could meet a friend or two on the beach. The kids club run very well and I felt very comfortable having her spend some time there if she desired.<BR>You pay for the club as you use it.<BR>(it's not included) Lots of room for children to run off their energy.<BR>FYI...I believe the childrens program at Little Dix may even be better.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR> <BR><BR>