St John

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 04:43 AM
Angela

St John

Are there any 5 star hotels on St John? <BR> <BR>Many thanks <BR> <BR>Angela

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 04:49 AM
Karen

The only two hotels/resorts are Caneel and the Westin.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 05:01 AM
Angela

And these are both 5 star? Have you been to either? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Angela

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 06:06 AM
Karen

Sorry lost part of the message. I don't know the *'s or the ratings so can't help. Caneel Bay, www.caneelbay.com, is a Rosewood Resort and the premier property in the USVI. It does not have some of the same amenities such as TV, telephones in the room that some other top rated properties have. It is a casual understated elegance of peace and quiet. Beautiful property and lovely accomodations and the 7 natural beaches on property make it a wonderful destination. I have stayed there multiple times. The other is a Westin property. It has lovely manicured grounds, a huge pool and is more "hotel-like" rather than resort with very typical hotel rooms semi circle on tiers up a hill around the pool. The beach there is manmade with many live-a-board boats moored there and I doubt that it rates in the 5* catagory for resorts. Many people enjoy it because it is much less expensive than Caneel and it gets them on a great island at a reasonable cost - especially since they often have special deals and prices. I have stayed there once and my personal preferences would not find me returning for a stay. Caneel far outshines the Westin but then so does the price!

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 10:36 PM
Mike

If you mean 5-star in the Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons mode, the answer is a resounding NO!!!