Reload this Page >

St. Barts... The Classiest?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 1999, 07:27 PM
David

I'm overloaded with information and can't decide which island is the best choice for my vacation next summer. I am looking for a classy hotel (or cottage style hotel) with some good local shopping, great beaches, world-class cuisine and unique pool settings. <BR>Hopefully in the $200 to $300 range (summer rates) <BR>Any help would be appreciated.

Old Nov 15th, 1999, 03:59 PM
Noah

I believe that St. Barts and Anguilla are considered among the most exclusive and elitist islands. The others which come to mind for this category are the Caymans, Mustique in the Grenadines and the British Virgins. <BR> <BR>Of course, there are many classy, exclusive accomodations on many other islands and during the summer you should be able to find a lot in the price range you specified. See my post of Caribbean url's for doing island-comparisons. <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 15th, 1999, 05:49 PM
Lewis Kuppermann

Given my choice: ST BARTS. IS FAR AWAY THE FIRST CHOICE. CHECK WITH WIMCO

Old Nov 16th, 1999, 10:03 AM
Brian in Atlanta

This month's Wine Spectator has a huge spread on 1st Class resorts in the Caribbean including St. Barts. Though they are somewhat out of your price range, it may give you some ideas.

Old Nov 16th, 1999, 03:55 PM
Karen

David, I found Jordon's advice on the "expert forum" on this site right on target ... maybe because I agree with 99.9% of what he says! But scroll thru the postings there ... he has marvelous descriptions and "insider" tips in several of his responses to questions (Best of the Best is one ...).

Old Dec 3rd, 1999, 08:18 PM
Joe Raphael

David, St. Bart's is exactly what you are looking for. So, go for it. My only concern is the money issue. It's not Puerto Rico where you can go to a very expensive resort and save some money by eating at a local place down the street or brown-bagging it. <BR>St. Bart's is for jet-setters and you pay for it. The island is small and beautiful, so enjoy it.