St. Barts - Good in June?

Old May 3rd, 2000, 07:52 AM
Ben

St. Barts - Good in June?

I am considerign visiting St. Barts this June during the low season. I am concerned that some shops, restaurants, fishing/boating/snorkeling operations will be shut down or open with limited operations at this time. I don't want to miss out on anything by visiting in the off-season. Has anyone been at this time? Are most places and activities still in full swing?

Old May 5th, 2000, 01:01 PM
Heidi

We spent a week in St Barts at the end of May/ begining of June last year and I personally think it is the best time to visit. Hardly any tourists, deserted beaches and EVERYTHING was open and operating. Highly recommend it!

Heidi

Old May 12th, 2000, 03:03 PM
Sandy

Heidi,
My husband and I are planning a trip to ST. Barts in June, also. Any recommendations on place to stay in St. Barts? We were thinking Village St-Jean Hotel.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 06:27 AM
Marilyn

We just got back from St. Barts. Both Le Tamarin and Maya's were closed. There were lots of other places to choose from, though, and it just meant we tried some new spots. I don't know about boating or fishing. There seemed to be quite a bit of activity out of the harbour. I agree that the quiet was nice. There were fewer folks on the beaches.
By the way, we were told that Vincent Adam restaurant burned down about a week before we arrived. I don't know whether they will rebuild.

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 11:08 AM
Bill

I just got back from 6 days on St. Barts (May 31-June 5). Several restaurants were closed, but St. Barts has so many good restaurants that we were not inconvenienced. Francois Plantation was closed (both the hotel and the restaurant). A few shops were closed, but most were open, though some seemed to have more erratic hours of operation than they would in high season. The beaches weren't terribly busy, but there was plenty of activity in Gustavia (we stayed at the Carl Gustaf).

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 02:28 PM
pamr

Does anyone know how the surfing ( not windsurfing) is there? Did anyone see surfers? My husband is looking for a surf island - we've been to Barbados & PR.