St. Bart's: Emeraude Plage Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, We're planning a trip to St. Barth next month w/our 18mo. We've booked at Emeraude Plage which we know from past visits & online reviews is a very reputable place. I did see a post here, however, regarding the "loud crashing waves" on that particular stretch of St. Jean Beach. We want to be sure that the beach is not too dangerous (i.e., strong currents and big waves) for a toddler (stayed on Flamands Beach last year and it was definitely rough). I know that the main strip of ST. Jean is great -- very calm, but wonder if it could possibly get rougher toward Emeraude Plage. Any other info. on this hotel -- and recs. on the island -- would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 12:30 PM

I was just in SBH in Nov. with our (then) 15 month old. We stayed in Lorient, but went to the beach in St Jean a few times this trip. I agree Flamands, while beautiful, is not a good beach for little ones. The water can be a little rough right in front of Emer. Pla. but if you walk down the beach just a little bit it is normally quiet calm. I really don't think you will have a problem. Most restaurants there are very kid friendly and normally if you eat early there are kids / babies. We had a good lunch at tom beach which is right there by you. There were lots of kids, very casual on the beach, but good food.
I am sure you will have a great time. I regret not staying on St jean this trip as we ended up driving over there anyway. Have fun.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your helpful reply. Very good to know that we've chosen the right kind of place and we're really looking forward to it.
Old Mar 26th, 2006, 03:21 PM

Have a great time. Our DD reallly loved St Jean because of all the planes flying over. She said "bye bye airplane" like a million times during the trip! LOL. She still does whenever she hears a plane. St Jean has gotten more crowded, but it is still a fun, great place. It will be a nice location for you since you will be able to walk to so many places in St Jean to eat, shop, etc. there is a good toy store in St Jean also. It is easier with a toddler staying on or near the beach, having to pile a kiddo into the car everytime you want something to eat or to do anything is kind of a cramp in your plans. I think you will have a great time!
Old Mar 27th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your nice replies! We're very excited for our vacation.