Spring Break in Jamaica?

Jan 28th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Deb

Spring Break in Jamaica?

My husband and I would like to go to Negril 2/27 through 3/6. We are in our 50's and hoping for a quieter time, but I'm worried that the spring break might be getting started. Can anyone give me a little insight as to what to expect at that time? Thanks!

Jan 28th, 2002, 05:26 PM
d motl

By the 6th they will be in town big time. The problem with Negril is that they get on the booze plus the smoke
which keeps them up for 22 hours a day screaming and hollering.If youcould go one week earlier it would be better.
by the way we were there for two weeks last year (during spring break) and going back for two more weeks but in early feb. We put together a five page
first timers brouchure that we can e mail you if you request us dand and ginny

Jan 28th, 2002, 05:27 PM
kim

That is the time of year we always go and have never had a problem with spring breakers.

Jan 29th, 2002, 05:51 AM
domato

Is it quieter as you head farther north on the beach at Negril, and more raucous farther south?

I've kind of gotten that impression from things I've read, but not really sure.

We're looking for a moderately priced hotel and I thought maybe it would be quieter around the middle of the beach, rather than by the southern part of the beach. More bars down there?

It appears that the northernmost beach area has the expensive all-inclusives - not our preference, nor in our price range.

Jan 29th, 2002, 08:34 AM
ohliz

SOme hotels acept breakers, some don't. Here's the list of hotels from one large SB company:

http://www.sunsplashtours.com/sunsplash/htmls/frames.cgi?menu=2&dest=NJ

You might want to avoid those.

Most big party bars are towards town but there are a couple mid and up - Alfred's, Margueritaville.

As far as the cliffs go, the further out the fewer breakers...
Liz

Jan 29th, 2002, 08:35 AM
ohliz

..or don't stay in Negril. Bluefields, Little Bay, Lost Beach, Treasure Beach are a few of the places where it is extremely unlikely that you'll run into any spring break stuff. Those are much quieter, fishing villages more than tourist towns still.
L iz

Feb 19th, 2002, 08:11 AM
ANDREW

dmotl - - - I'D VERY MUCH APPRECIATE INFO ON JAMAICA VIA E MAIL IF YOU COULD. MY GIRLFRIEND AND I ARE HEADING THERE THE FIRST WEEK IN APRIL. THANKS SO MUCH-
DREW

Feb 19th, 2002, 12:10 PM
G'MEABREAK

Drew, so you lost your wife in Nassau and now have a girlfried you are taking to Jamaica? Be careful and don't loose HER.