Search

Spring Break ideas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2009, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Break ideas

We are planning an eary March spring break trip to the Caribbean with my 10 & 15 year old daughters. We've never been to the Caribbean so we need some help planning. Any ideas of the best Island to visit and where to stay that will make this family of teen girls happy? Thanks!
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 06:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
hi mrsfiredog! What does your family like to do on vacation? What type of accomodations do you want? A lot will depend on what you would like to do and how much you want to spend. We have taken our kids to the caribbean several times. Two places that were good for us was Aruba and Grand Cayman. Both have lots of watersports activities to keep the kids busy. Both were friendly islands with good dining. On both islands we stayed at Marriott properties. We used Marriott points. Now on Aruba, the Marriott there is huge, lots of pools, watersports all out front, and would probably keep your family busy. We liked it very much. On the Caymans, the marriott was a lot smaller scale. It was very nice, small pool area and narrow beach, but still a nice hotel. Much quieter. The difference is Aruba offers some nightlife and gambling. Caymans is very laid back and quieter. We enjoyed both places. I think there are better hotel choices on the caymans or condo choices for a family. I believe the Westin is a larger hotel complex on the caymans. We were using our points so free was our best choice! We have been to other islands in the caribbean. We love Bermuda, but it is not the right time of year. We also went to Puerto Rico, but it was not one of our favorites.
I have good friends that went to the Iberostar hotel in Playa Del carmen last year (Mexico) and they loved it. It was all inclusive and had a teen club and they felt the food and accomodations were very nice.
Just some places to check out. On aruba, definitely check out the marriott as it will offer a large scale hotel. Many good places to go eat out both casual and nice, but aruba is a very casual island in general. On the caymans, I would check out the different hotel scences, but also condo options. They had many condo complexes that lined the 7 mile beach area.
Good luck.
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 02:26 AM

Hi I have been trevelling to the caribbean for many years i visited lots of caribbean islands,Barbados is by far my favourite island, crystal clear waters some of the best beaches in the world very low crime rate compare to other islands lots of water sports & good food nice resturants.However i dont do hotels i prefer to rent a villa for self catering because i get a lot more for my money,I have just book a very nice 2 bedroom villa on the westcoast in Barbados for me and my wife it cost me $840usd per week including car.
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you "girlonthego" and "mrknowall" for your suggestions and tips. I'm looking into your suggestions! Happy Travels to you!
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:51 AM

go online to rentalo.com and check out villa with free car