snorkel tours

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 10:46 AM
Judy

snorkel tours

I will be visiting Grand Cayman via cruise ship and want to go to Stingray city AND see some coral and fish!! The excursions seem to be one or the other but not combined. Can anyone recomend a tour company that would offer what I am looking for. Thanks

Old Sep 17th, 1999, 02:39 PM
Lori

I'm going to Grand Cayman this December and I'll probably do our snorkel trip with Bayside Watersports. They offer a fulld day trip (9:00 am. to 3:00 p.m.) with four stops. One being a conch dive, the coral gardens, stingray city sandbar, and one other stop which I can't remember. Included is a beach/seafood lunch. I'm sure there are a lot of other great operators that offer stingray trips with other snorkel stops. Bayside's e-mail is [email protected]

Also check out www.caymanislands.ky this is the site for the Dept. of Tourism and they have a good listing of all the local watersports operators with contact numbers and e-mails if applicable.

Enjoy your trip.

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 10:48 AM
Judy

Hi Lori,
What made you decide on Bayside Water sports? Are their prices good? Do they pick you up from the dock area or do they have a building location that you must go to? Thanks for your help

Judy

Old Sep 18th, 1999, 03:29 PM
Kathleen

Captain Marvin's offers a very similar all day trip. He is one of the oldest and most respected operators on the island, doesn't pack the boat, has good equipment and staff, and serves a great lunch. On alternate days he offers a snorkel shipwreck trip instead of stingray city. We loved it! Discount for booking at shop but I believe they also do pickups from the docks. Enjoy your trip.

Old Sep 19th, 1999, 04:18 PM
Lori

Hi Judy, nothing in particular made me pick Bayside other than they are local, good price, four stops including Stingray City sandbar and they serve a lunch. Plus I heard great things about them on this forum and other like it.

I've also heard good things about Fantasea. However, they don't do a lunch. But I think their half day snorkel tours to Stingray City Sandbar is about $25.00

Also, Bayside was very eager to mail me information when I e-mailed them and they were very helpful.

Have a great trip.

Lori

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 07:47 AM
Cheri

When we sailed with captain Marvin he packed a double decker boat! If you were unfortunate enough to be on the top deck you didn't know what was going on and you missed all his commentary.