Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Small hotel/B&B in Bermuda- any recommendations??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Stephanie

My husband and I are planning a much-needed vacation away from the kids next month. I've done lots of research on the Internet, but most of the info out there is concerning big resorts in Bermuda. We prefer a small, B&B type place. We are not into golf, tennis, or going to a spa. We are interested in a quiet, elegant place to relax, read a book, ride a moped to a beautiful beach, and just unwind. Can anyone recommend a romantic, elegant place to stay?

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 10:24 AM
bhh

Stephanie I would suggest going to www.keyguide.com. Go to the message board. There are a whole lot of people who have suggestions for you. When I go to Bermuda I stay with my sister who lives there.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 12:29 PM
penny

I agree, very nice people who are Bermuda addicts. There was a intresting talking about Salt Kettle overlooking Hamilton Harbor. Another B&B is Pretty Penny and a small low key hotel The Royal Palms. Bermuda has many low key and lovely places to stay. <BR>A Romantic elegant hotel is The Waterloo House in Hamilton. Also if you do a search another poster wrote a great report on the White Sands Hotel. The Bermuda Board of Tourism has a great web site with all accomadations. It is one of my favorite islands!

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Chris

Stephanie, <BR>I have just returned from Bermuda and we have stayed at Royal Palms. It is a small, elegant hotel. 25 rooms or so. They also have a small, very elegant restaurant on site. Open for dinners only, from what I remember. About 10 - 15 minutes walking distance to downtown Hamilton. They serve continental breakfast buffet every morning (included in the price). The only negative is that there are no beaches in vicinity. You have to take a bus or a taxi or a scooter....but that's what you want to do anyway? <BR>Another one I would recommend, although, we have only visited that place (did not stay there) is the Waterloo House. Also almost downtown, on the waterfront,with its own harbor, wonderful views of the bay. Great service and a small place not a big resort...Have fun.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 09:38 AM
Stephanie

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will check out the web site recommended and then make a decision.