Reload this Page >

Sleep Inn - Grand Cayman

Search

Sleep Inn - Grand Cayman

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 08:55 AM
Tobey

Sleep Inn - Grand Cayman

Has anyone stayed at the Sleep Inn in Georgetown? Seems like a great value - I don't mind a short walk to beach - but is that part of Seven Mile Beach really crowded with cruise ship people etc.? Would be interested in any comments. <BR>

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 04:22 PM
J. Ryan

My husband and I went to Grand Cayman in l985 when the beach was literally deserted. We are going to return this March--I checked out lodging and was astonished at the prices!! Times certainly have changed. At any rate, I did consider Sleep Inn--but Harbour View won. Neither is in that wonderful middle of 7 mile beach location, but those places are sky high! I hear that the entire island is crowded with cruise ship people and just other tourists. I imagine we will head to Little Cayman or Cayman Brac two of the days. Good luck! <BR>I'll be reading responses! <BR>

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 07:44 PM
Mary

Does Sleep Inn have a private beach? We just returned from staying at the Westin & some boat people shared our taxi and went to a public beach where they had to pay a fee. Went by the Sleep Inn several times-- looks nice! We were in George Town once when only one cruise ship was docked there. Not overly crowded! Enjoy your stay!

Old Dec 3rd, 1998, 11:27 AM
stephanie

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in '93. Don't remember details about the inside of the place or whether there was a breakfast included, but remember that the rooms are not fancy, but nice enough. We only stayed there one night and then moved to another hotel when some friends arrived. There is a dive shop and nice pool area with an outdoor bar all of which we liked very much. You can get to the beache easy enough without staying right on it. If you're trying not spend a fortune, I think you'll be happy. Don't know about cruise ship crowds.