Search

Singles resort

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 06:36 AM
Pat

Singles resort

Can anyone recommend a good singles resort within the Caribbean?

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 11:25 AM
x

What is your age range? I went to Club Med Turkoise (Turks & Caicos) last year and thought that it was a great place. It's billed as an adult village only, not necessarily singles, but i'd say that the majority of the people there claim to be single. Age range is late twenties to late thirties. Beware, however, the rooms are not luxurious nor is food five star. But, it's pretty much all-inclusive and provides tons of activities. It's extremely easy to meet people because they seat you at different tables every meal. I'm female and went to the club alone, had no problems meeting new friends and had a great time. You can basically do as much or as little as you want, and join in as much or as little as you want. Hope this helps.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Pat

thanks for the response - I'm 28 actually..have you heard anything about the Club Med's in Cuba or Cancun also?

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 12:50 PM
x

Patty, <BR> <BR>Went to the one in Cancun two years ago. It's the same idea, singles, bigger than the Turks & Caicos, although the beach is not as nice. I believe the majority of the people at both Cancun and Turks villages are from the east coast, but there are still many that come from other parts of the US and Europe as well. I personally like ocean sports and diving, so i would probably go back to Turks before Cancun, but if you're interested in mostly nightlife, i would go to Cancun. I stayed in the village most of the time and ventured into Cancun only once, but I know a lot of people who took a taxi into town quite a few nights so they could go to the big clubs. Turks is beautiful and not very populated so the nightlife there is pretty quiet. The food and rooms are about the same caliber at both, the disco is nicer in Cancun. I would suggest checking out this website. The guy who put it together is pretty accurate about the two villages i've been to. <BR> <BR>http://www.blackpearls.net <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 01:12 PM
x

Ooops. After rereading my post, I realized I made it sound like there was no nightlife at the Turks village. Actually, there's plenty of nightlife in the village as most people tend to stay at the bars/disco at the village rather than going somewhere else. I've been told there's not much nightlife OUTSIDE the village. Overall, I would say that the shows/nightlife/bars at both places are at a similar level.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 06:37 AM
sam

to the "x" who has been...would you say that Club Med attracts a more "open" crowd sexually (this obviously is less relevant to men who are more likely to be willing for "fun" than women)...I've always wondered if there was a place where women are as "outgoing" as men.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 07:00 AM
Jeff

You are barking up the wrong tree, Sammy. Club Med is not the sex-fest that you imagine it to be, just normal people having a great time.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 11:14 AM
traveler

We just returned from Jamaica on june 20. Stayed at Sunset Beach in Montego Bay. Great singles resort, lots going on but not as wild and expensive as the Hedo Resorts. Good value and great fun. Bonus, just a short 10 minute drive from the airport. Also Maragetaville has schuttle to and from the resort every evening for $5.00 and on Monday it is free.