Should I got to DR or somewhere else?

Jan 7th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Mary

Should I got to DR or somewhere else?

My husband and I would like to take a vacation in April. I cannot decide between Costa Rica and Dominican Republic (never been to either one). Is Dominican Republic a nice beach? Your comments and input will be greatly appreciated.

Also, if I decide to go to D Rep, where to? Any Hotel recommendations?

Thanks!

Jan 7th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Parrot Mom

We have been to both Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic. We stayed ast the Melia Conchal which is a gorgeous resort, humungus pool, junior suites, but the beach is not that great. On the other hand we have been to the D.R. and will be returning this winter. Last year we were at the Catalonia Bavaro in Punta Cana which is a huge beautiful resort, 20 mile beach,etc. etc. But this year we are returning to Casa del Mar in La Romana which has the most magnificent beach of white sand...decent pool and great food. For more info please check out...www.debbiesdominicantravel.com. If you want more info on the D.R. or Costa Rica contact me and I'll send you to site to see pictures. Frankly, if the charters were from Boston going to Costa Rica and landing in Liberia again, I would be very tempted, but they are not.

Apr 13th, 2002, 12:25 PM
LoLO

Please send some web , pictures and suggestins to me about CR. Going May 4.

Apr 13th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Parrot Mom

Please write to me off the forum and I'll send you a review of a resort in the D.R. and pictures of resort in C.R.

Apr 13th, 2002, 06:52 PM
beth

Read my report on Dominicus Palace/ La Romana/Dominican Republic. It may help you decide. Good Luck

Apr 14th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Dave

Also check out Apple vacations site for evaluations and pics.

We stayed at Iberostar Bavaro which was very good.

Apr 20th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Dalia

Before we decided on Dominican REpublic for our vacation I too was debating on whether we should go to Costa Rica or DR. We decided on Dr since the US dollar appears stronger there and the many All Inclusive opportunities. We have narrowed our final destination to be either Punta CAna Or La Romana. From all the feedback they both sound beautiful so we are still trying to decide which location and which hotel