Reload this Page >

Scooters/bikes on St. Thomas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 08:32 AM
wawa

I am going to St. Thomas in November and staying in town (Charlotte Amalie). My husband and I like to rent scooters or bikes to explore with when we travel, but from what I've been reading it seems the way to get around and explore is by car. Does anyone have any input on this? Are scooters/bikes available and are the roads "biker-friendly"? Thanks for any input.

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 09:31 AM
Barbara

I believe there are places that rent scooters/bikes on St. Thomas but I really would not advise it. There is a lot of traffic and a lot of hills. it really is better and safer to travel by car

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 04:13 PM
Karen

There are bike tours of STT and STJ available but there are no scooter or mopeds available to rent. The roads and drivers make it very hazardous to use either!

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 01:39 PM
Carole

My husband and I always rent 2 mopeds when in Bermuda as we enjoy the freedom it allows. We did spend a wonderful week in St Thomas last July, however we did not rent mopeds. The roads are much too hilly and windy. It just seemed much too dangerous. Frankly I don't even know if they rent mopeds there. We rented a car for one day and toured the island. We felt it was the safest way and we love mopeds : ) Forget the mopeds and bikes on this island and just rent a car or go by taxi. <BR>Carole =^..^=

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 04:25 PM
hector

I just returned from St. Thomas today. Renting a bike or moped is definitely a bad idea in my opinion. The roads are much too narrow. Also, they drive on the opposite side of the road and tourists who rent cars are often the cause of accidents.