Sapphire Beach

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Curious

Sapphire Beach

Wondering if anyone has stayed at Sapphire Beach recently and how it was. Have heard some not so favorable reports but interested in staying with them for a night or two.

Thanks

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Karen

There are several Sapphire Resorts on different islands. Which one are you referring to?

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 07:29 PM
jen

My family and I stay at the Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas every time we've been. In fact, my husband and I were married there. Compared to other beach resorts on the island, I think it has the most to offer. Although the last hurricane blew down quite a few palm trees, they have been working on restoring them, and the beach is still very nice. Calm water, great sandy beach (great beach bar too), all the rooms are right on the beach. Sundays are the best because they host "Sunday at Sapphire", a fun beach party with live band. I lived just up the hill from Sapphire for a summer. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else (and I worked just down the street at another resort!).

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:57 AM
louise

Dear couious, If you are talking about the sapphire beach club inst.martin it is vey nice we've beenthere many years and the resort is great and st,mARTIN IS A GREAT ISLAND THE ONLY THING IS YOU SHOULD RENT A CAR AND EXPLORE the other really beautiful beaches. RESTRAUNT RECOMENDATION "en vin en rose"

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 04:55 PM
nancy

We will be there in a few weeks with our 16 yr old son. Were there many other teenagers around?

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:13 PM
louise

Not too many teenagers there. I've seen mostly couples or families with small children. Also most of the beaches are topless some nude I hope that won't be a problem. It is a very beautiful island.