Reload this Page >

Sandals MoBay, Dunns or Ochios

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Charlene

My fiance and I (both 25) are looking for a honeymoon spot for the end of September 2000. We cannot decide between Sandals MoBay, Dunns River or Ochios Rios. We would like a somewhere not too far from the airport (were only going for 1 week, younger crowd, lots of activites, nice beach and food. Also do the airplanes really get that loud at Sandals MoBay?

Old May 30th, 2000, 05:56 PM
Kim

Definately Dunns River!

Old May 31st, 2000, 06:27 AM
Charlene

I've herd that Dunns was more snooty & stuck up. I was actually leaning more towards MoBay.

Old May 31st, 2000, 06:44 AM
Melissa

We just returned from Ochos Rios and had a wonderful time. The staff is very friendly and so are the guests. We found Dunn's river to be a beautiful place but not as inviting personally. MoBay is right next to the airport if you don't mind the sound of airplanes. It is suppose to be a very partylike atomosphere. Ochos Rios could go either way. You could relax somewhere privately or join in on activities. Good Luck!

Old May 31st, 2000, 07:38 AM
Julie

Unless you plan on never leaving your resort, skip Montego Bay. I spent a week there (not at Sandals) and I am in no hurry to go back. We were constantly harrassed by people wanting to sell us things on both the street and beaches. And the entire area has a run-down look to it. In MoBay's defense, there are some restaurants there that are quite good. <BR>Go for the Sandals in either Ochio Rios or Dunn's River. The Dunn's River Falls are great, by the way. A great experience!

Old May 31st, 2000, 08:15 AM
LJ

We honeymooned a week in 1997 at Sandals at Dunn's River Falls and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's beautiful and the people were so friendly and accomodating. The falls themselves are a definite must. The only thing that might sway me to stay at MoBay if I returned would be to avoid the bus ride from the airport to Dunn's River. But it wasn't that bad. Hope this helps.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 12:03 PM
CC

I'm going to Ocho Rios the end of June. My travel agent suggested staying away from all Sandals resorts due to many complaints lately, expecially about running out of food! Not too good for an all-inclusive resort! We booked Superclubs Grand Lido Sans Souci but also suggested was Couples.