Sandals Jamaica? Mexico? Cruise

Aug 4th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Sally

Sandals Jamaica? Mexico? Cruise

We have been to Sandals: Mo Bay, Royal Bahamian and Ocho Rios.
Want to try something new and wondering what you would suggest???

Aug 5th, 2002, 04:42 AM
Melissa

I think a cruise would be wonderful. I have been on three. They tend to be more active than a resort, thier entertainment can't be beat, and you can visit different places almost every day to decide where you would want to go in the future. Just make sure you pick the right cruiseline and itinerary or you may end up hating it. Personally I sell Royal Caribbean and Princess the most. I find Carnival to be a Vegas style cruise line and a lot of my clients hate it. Holland America and Celebrity tend to be great for the older crowd. I have sailed Celebrity, and thier ships are amazing, but thier passengers are usually 50+ and thier salaries are usually 100 000 +. That is actually thier target market. Royal Caribbean have beautiful ships, which are not tacky or over the top like Carnival. They also have a pretty good cross of people. They are trying now to attract a younger clientel between 25 to 45 or so. They have lots of activities. I have not sailed with them yet, but I did take a tour of one of thier ships. I also sell Princess a lot. They are the "love" boat, and have lots of intimate areas. Thier ships have a lovely design. The Grand and the Golden are suposed to be great.

Aug 5th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Nancy

Sally, Since you seem to enjoy the AI's, I'd suggest one of the really nice ones south of Cancun in the Playa del Carmen area.
You can find posts here on either the Caribbean or the Latin America sites.
I don't go to AI's or I would recommend one to you, but I've heard a lot of really nice things about the ones there. There's also a lot to do and see in the region. (Cancun, Akumal, Cozumel, etc.)

Aug 5th, 2002, 06:10 AM
thanksMelissa!

Thank you Melissa for you thorough description of the cruise lines in your post. The wonderful gentleman I am dating has wanted to take me on a cruise, but I have been reluctant because to accept because of my first and only experience on the cruise I took with Carnival. I hadbeen so looking forward to it and was very dissappointed. It just felt tacky. There were good parts to it, and I choose to remember those, but the noise factor due to loud drunk passengers made it impossible to get the rest and relaxation we needed. Unfortunately once management were imformed they was little they could do, their security staff was seriously lacking.
But... thanks to your post, I may indeed try another line someday. Thanks

Aug 5th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Kim

Im sure I will get trashed fro choosing this one for you from all the anti- Sandals people on this board. I think Sandals MB would be perfect. Great entertainment and the food is very good. The beach is super and there is alot of activities. We loved this resort very active and alway upbeat. The Royal Bahamian is also good but not much night life at that resort. Email me if you have any ?'s . I will send you excursions sheet on both Sandals with outside activites you can do.

Aug 5th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Penney

We too have been to the Sandals you mentioned and did try a cruise for our first time two years back. I was very anti-cruise as I want beach all day!! We went on Celebrity and chose a smaller ship (not into the glitz and fuss the larger ones offer), less people and with island we have never been before.

IT is a neat experience and think everyone should try it at least once. So neat to peer out your window and see a new island every morning as it really gives you a glimpse as to how different they are and what you like and do not like. We did not do any of the triops the cruise offered but went on our own to find beaches and spots which were ncie.

Rooms are tiny on a cruise so that takes some time getting use too but do go for an outside room. Food was excellent and dining choices are now more lax. Tons of food!!!!!!! Drinks were expensive but we snuck a bottle on!!

Again, I think we would do it again if oone was to places we have never been before but we did miss the relaxing feeling of being on a resort.