Reload this Page >

sandals golf resort & spa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2000, 05:27 AM
nancy

My husband and I are planning a second honeymoon at Sandals golf resort and spa in February. Can anyone tell me about the dress code? Do people really dress as fancy as in the brochure? I have no problems with dressing for dinner, but overly dressed up is one of the reasons why I can't get my husband to go on another cruise (he has to wear a suit every day). Also, how is the food, entertainment, etc? Can you snorkel from the beach? How is the beach anyway? Sorry about all the questions, but I like to get all details before we go!

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 06:58 AM
Anna

We went to Sandal's Halcyon and ate dinner at the Golf and Spa a few times. The dress code was definitely more casual than shown in the brochure. Most men wore khaki or linen pants and a polo or Hawaiian type shirt to dinner. My husband never wore a jacket to dinner, I don't think he ever wore a tie. Most women wore summery dresses or skirts. The food and drinks at the resort were good, we liked the Japanese restaurant, La Toc, and Mario's at the Halcyon. <BR> <BR>We didn't use the beach at the Golf and Spa, but I do remember it being a little rough when we went golfing. I don't think you can snorkel from the beach. They took us by boat to a few different snorkeling spots. We really enjoyed the week we spent at Sandal's in St. Lucia, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 04:07 PM
nancy

Thanks for the info. - it will certainly make my husband happy that he doesn't have to wear a tie! Everything sounds good to me and I can't wait to go.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 10:17 PM
Nikki

Just back from 2 weeks at Halcyon and the dress code isnt as strict as it is made out to be. INfact we were disapointed to see people in Armandos in teeshirts! We did hear of one man being made to go back and put trousers on at Marios!!

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 04:41 AM
nancy

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear you had bad weather in one of your other posts. How was the beach - was the water clear, rough, etc. Was the pool area and restaraunts very crowded? When I looked at the brochure our travel agent gave us, both looked practically deserted - I'm sure it was just for show!

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 02:32 PM
Nikki

Dont believe all what is in the brochures, they touch up the photos!!! <BR>The pools at Halcyon were nicely busy, with just the right amount of people ther. the day we went to spend the day at le toc the pool at the main part was jumping and the swim up bar was really noisy; not my cup of teA! The water isnt clear but it is still nice.