Reload this Page >

Sandals: Dunn's River or Negril?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 05:43 PM
Gab

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Jamaica, with the exception of a brief cruise stop, and are interested in staying in an all-inclusive. We have gotten a great price on both of these resorts. We would appreciate any comments, suggestions, or helpfull advice to help us decide.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 10:35 AM
Mary

Hi Gab: <BR> <BR>My husband and I went to Dunn's River a couple of years ago. We loved this resort! The staff, food, beach....all were excellent! You will have a wonderful time! <BR> <BR>The shuttle from MoBay airport to the resort is 1 hour and a half but it is a great way to see the island. We had an entertaining driver which made the road trip even better. <BR> <BR>In May, my husband and I are going to Sandals Negril. We were thinking of going back to DR because it is such a wonderful resort but we have heard many wonderful things about Negril also. So, we decided to do a different resort. <BR> <BR>We will defintely go back to DR someday. E-mail me with any questions. <BR> <BR>Have a wonderful time!

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 11:06 AM
Lara

A Sandals Dunn's River report was recently posted on the rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive newsgroup. <BR> <BR>Person said he has been to SDR twice and both times there have been huge corporate groups there (and lots of singles as well). I guess that resort has conference facilities? He compared SDR to Hedonism... <BR> <BR>You might want to check out his report firsthand.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 03:46 PM
Kim

Have been to both Dunes River and Negril <BR>and find Negril to be much more laided back and carefree.And the sunsets are awsome at Negril. But on the whole they are both great Resorts.

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 08:48 AM
val

We've been to both resorts. By far, Dunns River is the Best! Negril has a great beach and Ricks Cafe is a great time but Negril lacks service and the food is not that good. Restaurants and bars tended to "run" out of standard items and menu's were modified (items subtracted, nothing added) constantly. Also, Sandals purchased Poinciana (now Beaches INN which is a 3 minute walk away) and these guests have full privs (and pay less) at Sandals Negril which causes the restaurants to be more crowded.