Reload this Page >

Sandals Antigua Water Sports

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Tiffany

I am headed for Sandals Antigua in October and was curious as to how the water sports part works at the resort. Do you have to sign up or make reservations for any of the equipment?? Anyone who has some insight as to how it wall works would be great.<BR><BR>Also, anyone who may have stayed in the Grand Lux Beachfront category or the Rondovals, I would love to know anything about those rooms. Thanks!

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Trish

If you dive,snorkel or waterski you have to sign up, but not if you want to windsurf, take out the paddle boats, kayaks or aquatrykes. We stayed in the Grande Luxe rooms, which overlooked the ocean. The Rondovals were tempting,as they were such a unique shape and you get the bar and sitting area, but we felt that we may not have been able to see the ocean and after seeing them, I think we were right. I believe chances are you would only see the gardens.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Brian

I are going in October as well Tiffany, for my honeymoon, and was wondering if anyone knows what other water sports are available besides the included ones, and how much more they are. I love to jetski!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Tiffany

Brian, I have read that jet skis are available on one end of Dickenson Bay and they are like $30.00 for a half hour (I could be wrong on the price). They also are supposed to have parasailing on Dickenson Bay. <BR><BR>Thanks for the info on the rooms Trish!

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 04:14 PM
anon

Just returned from Sandals Antigua. Had a great time. Did not have to sign up to waterski, just wait your turn on the beach. Signed up for the other things the day before. Jet skis are available to your right as you face the ocean. Readily available for about $30 for one half hour.<BR>Lots of fun activities, met a lot of great people.