Search

sandals

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 01:33 PM
rich

sandals

I would like some opinions on the sanals mo bay. Also how the weather is. Mid January ia it reliable? Thanks<BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 03:41 PM
VitaANn

I went last May and the weather was great. Mo Bay was the first Sandals property we visited. Last August we went to the Royal Bahamian and this Feb we are going to St. Lucia.<BR><BR>We were very pleased with the food and the friendliness of the staff... (they were great) We were upgraded to an oceanview wehn we got there so our room was very nice. (We booked a deluxe)<BR><BR>The beach was also very nice.... private and it was great having the beach bar and grill right there! The breakfast and lunch buffets were terrific..... our favorite was eating b-fast on the deck every morning.<BR><BR>The dinner at Tokyo Joe's was our favorite. Oleander Room and the others were decent. The Italian place wasn't great.... (Italian food in Jam. isn't like New York Italian food.)<BR><BR>I have to say the only thing I was disappointed with was the property. At the time we went the grounds were not as they looked in the brochure. Basically it was not as lush and green and floral as we imagined... It looked like the grounds and grass/flowers were in desperate need of water. <BR><BR>We did truly enjoy ourselves... Mo Bay is Sandals first property. The piano bar was nice as the swim up bar. Nightlife was lacking. <BR><BR>We visited the Dunns River Falls (1/2 day trip), took the shopping tour for a few hours and did the Booze Cruise. They were all great so I highly reccomend you do those excursions. The falls were fantastic and beautiul- the guides will take pictures of you so bring a camera that is waterproof... The shopping tour was worth it... they took us to the cheap places in town to buy things.... and the booze cruise was a blast.... took us snorkeling and to Margaritaville a place in town on the water!<BR><BR>I also heard the river raft was great... <BR><BR>Any questions... just e-mail me...<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Kim

MB is a really lively Sandals. Have been to quite a few of the Sandals in Jamaica and the one in the Bahamas and also the Sandals Golf resort in St.lucia. We are booked at the Royal Caribbean in Feb. We are 100% Sandals people. The weather in Jamaica in Jan is around 80's during the day and 70's at night.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 04:44 PM
BarbaraKK

Two years ago the last two weeks in January in Jamaica were great, last year cold ,windy and rainy. Sweatshirt weather for much of our stay.Dismal, went home early . The Jamaicans said the weather comes from the North so the Americans were to blame. Good luck.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Penney

I agree with Kim in that it is considered the more lively of Sandals. People seemed to be drinking and about into the wee hours! <BR><BR>The beach is wonderful - largest private beach on Jamaica. Mainpool with bar is small, activities pool is just a plain ole pool. Food and service were excellent. We had a room right on the beach and it was very nice.<BR><BR>I do also agree that it is not the prettiest Sandals as compared to other Sandals.

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Trish

Mo Bay was our first vacation ever in the Carribean. We loved the beach - big and lots of shade. We stayed in the Almond Block. Beautiful views, large rooms and decks and walk-in closets. We have also been to Bahama's, Antigua and St. Lucia. The food and staff are the best in Mo Bay - most likely because it is the flagship and they have the routine down. The bartenders are incredible and the beach grill is entertainment in itself. We still talk about the breakfasts there. The resort is starting to show it's age, but the beach parties and all the other things make up for it. This is the "party" resort. I say that in a positive way. We had a great time!

Old Jan 5th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Joyce

I agree with Trish, Kim and Penny.<BR>I have seen almost all the Sandals and stayed at Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and Royal Bahamian.<BR>Montego Bay is my favorite. Very lively, great swim up bar, best food of any of the Sandals.<BR>Only negative (or possibly positive) it is 5 minutes from airport and you can hear planes, but it is not constant as it would be in Atlanta, Chicago or others. They make a game out of it and wave at the planes. Real Plus-you do not have to leave the resort early. You check in at the hotel and go to airport just a few minutes before departure.