Sam Lords Castle

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 01:50 AM
Louise

Sam Lords Castle

Hi

Has anybody stayed here? If so what is it like?

Louise

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 06:52 PM
April

I thought I read here somewhere that it fallen into disrepair. However, even if it hadn't, I wouldn't stay there because of the rough water at their beach.

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 09:06 AM
C.Clark

It's beautiful, I believe it's a Marriott property.

Old May 15th, 2000, 04:59 AM
Susan

Hi Louise,

We went there last September for our honeymoon. I have ready the other articles on this forum and do not entirely agree with them.
It is true that the resort had fallen slightly into disrepair - the air conditioning was ineffective and one the toilets by one of the pools was out of use all the time we were there.
However we had a great time - we thought the food was excellent and the resort very pretty. It is quite a way from anywhere else but thare are many tours that the entertainments staff can happily arrange for you. There is also buses, taxis and of course car hire.
We thought the Bajans were very friendly and we would go back there.
We did expect it to be a bit more luxurious then it was but certainly was not as bad as others have made out - IMO. All in all we definately would go back.
If you have any questions feel free to email me.
Susan

Old May 15th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Susan

Sorry, I forgot to say - It used to be a Marriott but isn't any more.