Reload this Page >

Royal Caribbean cruise to Bermuda

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 1997, 11:28 AM
Donna Kinkle

Does anyone have any info on the Royal Cabibbean cruise to Bermuda. We're sailing on The Song of America in September. What's the ship like, the passengers, staff, service? Weather, special events in Bermuda at the end of September? Any info would be appreciated.

Old Aug 7th, 1997, 01:32 PM
Charlotte Mertz

I was in Bermuda in July. Have no specific info on the cruise line. September is supposed to be great snorkeling weather, the water's still warm but the air is less humid than during the summer. Only problem is that it's hurricane season, so no guarantees. For specific attraction info, write to Bermuda Dept. of Tourism, 310 Madison Ave., Suite 201, NY 10017. No fee, lots of info. Check the tour office right outside the ferry terminal when you arrive in Hamilton--to the left when you disembark from the ship. Quite close, and again, lots of info.

Old Aug 7th, 1997, 03:45 PM
D. Kinkle

Thanks for the info. I figured last year hurricanes went from May to November..so what the heck. I'm gonna write to the Department of Tourism right away. Thanks.

Old Aug 7th, 1997, 05:09 PM
Lynn

Check the two cruise articles with responses posted on 8/05/97. I gave website addresses for page where you can find lots of reviews and information on almost every cruise ship imaginable. You can read actual reviews and ratings from people who have been on the ships.

Old Aug 16th, 1997, 04:43 PM
Maureen Dukett

My husband & I sailed the Song of America to Bermuda the end of September 1994 and it was the best cruise ever! (My father-in-law went the end of September 1996 and he's going the end of October 1997.) The ship is not too big, not too small. The food was great and the staff was very friendly. We like cruising to Bermuda because you have a good amount of time to enjoy the island, which we think is the most beautiful. The locals are extremely nice and it's very clean. The weather was great, the beaches and the water was perfect. We like to rent a moped, you can park it right outside the ship then go anywhere any time. We can't give you advise on the excursions, we really like to do our own thing, but no matter what you do in Bermuda you will love it! Hope you enjoy the Song of America! Have a great trip!!

Old Aug 17th, 1997, 08:34 AM
Cindy

I took a group of 20 people on Song of America in October 1996 to Bermuda and we had the best time. If you like nightlife, Schooner Bar was the happening place during our cruise. I also cruised previously to Bermuda on Celebrity's Horizon. Frankly, I thought the food and dining room service on the Horizon to be far superior to RCCL but the nightlife was practically non existent. Best all round pick is probably Royal Caribbean. They usually have the best prices anyway.

Old Aug 17th, 1997, 08:35 AM
Cindy

I took a group of 20 people on Song of America in October 1996 to Bermuda and we had the best time. If you like nightlife, Schooner Bar was the happening place during our cruise. I also cruised previously to Bermuda on Celebrity's Horizon. Frankly, I thought the food and dining room service on the Horizon to be far superior to RCCL but the nightlife was practically non existent. Best all round pick is probably Royal Caribbean. They usually have the best prices anyway.