Search

Room Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 1999, 10:42 AM
missy

Room Upgrades

Is it worth the extra $$$ to go above the standard rooms usually included in the package deals? What do the upgrades usually include. It seems like an awful lot to pay $50-$100 more per night.

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 10:29 AM
todd

Personally I think they are a ripp off! Just one more thing the travel agents can make money on.

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 07:54 AM
ted

Missy, <BR> <BR>It really depends on the particular property. I have found that the additional $$ is for a better view of the ocean. I would rather look at the water, rather than the parking lot, however, some people feel they are not in the room enough for the additional money. All personal preference.

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 07:59 AM
fred

Call the hotel directly to get the best rate. Going through your travel agent is very expensive, as they get their cuts.

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 12:27 PM
Tracey

Fred...you are way off base about getting a better rate by calling the hotel directly as opposed to using a travel agent. In most cases the travel agent will use a wholesaler and get a better rate than you can on your own.

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 01:56 PM
Beth

It really depends on the resort and your preference as Ted said. The upgraded room could have a better view, be on a higher floor, be larger, have a jacuzzi tub, have a balcony, have a private plunge pool. You just have to look at the specific package and try to get a very clear idea of what you are paying for. Then you decide if its something you really want. I've found places where I thought the less expensive rooms were actually nicer than the upgrade, and visa versa.

Old Aug 2nd, 1999, 03:38 PM
uppy

Don't bother you only get put on the upper floor with an extra loo roll and blanket.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 05:45 AM
vanda

Definitely go for the upgrade. For the additional few hundred dollars you get a much nicer room and view. Plus, they save the nicer rooms for classier people.