Reload this Page >

romantic and sensual resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 07:18 PM
stewart garcia

Looking for a truly romantic and sensual, possibly adults only resort in DR. Can anyone recommend?. Actually, some adults only are not necessarily the most active. Adult tends to mean quiet and dead. <BR> <BR>Thank you.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 09:36 AM
Diane

Not in DR, but the most romantic, sensual resort I've seen in recent years is Tensing Pen in Negril, Jamaica. www.wheretostay has reviews, and if you search the web for Tensing Pen, I'm sure you'll find their website.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 10:09 AM
Lori

Diane, <BR>I'm so excited you mentioned Tensing Pen in relation to Stewart's search for something romantic and sensual. I'm leaving for Jamaica in 8 days and will be staying there, and I have yet to find many posts on this resort. Can you elaborate on what it has to offer, either here or directly to me? Thank you so much.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 11:21 AM
April

Stewart, <BR>Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia. <BR>www.ansechastanet.com

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 11:38 AM
Diane

Hi Lori - got your email. We stayed at Rockhouse, just a ways down the road, but popped in for a look one morning during a walk. (Found out later you're not supposed to do that, but we're pretty tame looking folk and no one seemed alarmed that we came for a peek!) While we loved Rockhouse, Tensing Pen is something super-special. The gardens, from the front entrance throughout the grounds, have just about every color bloom you can imagine, lush and shady, fragrent and inviting. One of the guests showed us around the rocks -- there are little bridges, stone steps, hidden terraces, and thatched roofed pavillions with hammocks to catch the breezes. We didn't see the insides of the cottages, but they looked similar to our octagonal thatched roof cottage at Rockhouse. You'll use ceiling fans, and the mosquito netting (which is romantic). The cottages are all situated for privacy, some are right over the water and very very cool. Bring mosquito coils and/or citronella candles and insects won't be a problem at all. People seemed to be having a lovely time floating around the coves on big rafts. (There aren't a lot of people since it is a small resort.) If you own snorkle gear, you may want to bring it. It really is a couples-type spot. They cook several nights per week, guests can use the grills, etc if they wish. Our guide said he'd made lunch for everyone one day. Someone else had been fishing and brought back fresh tuna. It is a very intimate place and the staff is happy to help you as much (or as little) as you wish. There is a very nice little grocery close by so you can pick up a bottle of wine for about $12 for a private sunset party. (Or a 6-pack of Red Stripe, or Ting...) On one of your "nights out" for dinner, you should go to LTU Pub which is just up the road (avoid Rick's -- overpriced and way too crowded.) We met a young honeymoon couple who were staying at Tensing Pen at lunch at LTU. They absolutely loved it. You also might enjoy dinner at Rockhouse which has a great restaurant and bar. You may never want to venture out to visit Negril's exquisite beach. (Although you can probably taxi down for the day -- and it is certainly worth a trip.) But, the cliffs are very beautiful, life slows down to a heartbeat, and I really don't think I've ever seen a more romantic setting!

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 12:56 PM
Lori

Diane, <BR>Wow - I can hardly wait to get there! Thanks so much for the report. Stewart, this sounds like a winner to me if you're interested in Jamaica. I'll post a report when I return. Tensing Pen sounds absolutely beautiful.