Search

Roatan Scuba Diving

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 02:17 PM
cathy

Roatan Scuba Diving

FYI for potential scuba vacationers to the Caribbean: Three generations of our family just returned from a truly wonderful week in Roatan, with some of the best diving I've seen in over 20 years-- beautiful, warm turquoise water and lots of diverse sealife. Although we'd stayed at Anthony's Key Resort some years before, we wanted something quieter this time around, and through a (now defunct) travel agent heard about Inn of Last Resort. It was great--low key, great meals, friendly service and two incredibly good divemasters who were especially attentive to my 13-year-old novice diver. Three dives a day, all meals included--it was a superb vacation. My only reluctance in bringing it up here is that I hate to see it turn it into the next Anthony's!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 05:20 AM
Gweny

Cathy <BR> <BR>Did you fly into Tegucigalpa or San Pedro Sula?? How long is the flight from either airports? Or did you take a boat?

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 05:43 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Cathy! Thank you for your nice post. Roatan had actually caught my attention. Just curious, what's wrong with Anthony's Key Resort.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:06 AM
Cathy

Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan is on a beautiful bay, and has lots of amenities, including dolphins to snorkel and scuba with, but it's just gotten too big and crowded for my taste, or at least it was a week or so ago. <BR> <BR>We flew from Los Angeles to San Salvador, then on to San Pedro Sula with a plane change to Roatan. <BR> <BR>Enjoy!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:10 AM
cathy

Forgot to say that the flight from San Pedro Sula to Roatan was short--about an hour and ten minutes...