Reload this Page >

Restaurants/Aruba/Reasonable Prices?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 06:02 PM
susan

Going to Aruba July 2001. Looking for restaurants that are not too pricey and children 10 and 12 could enjoy.

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Lori

My 11 year old son enjoyed Boonoonoonoo's, the Buccaneer and Carlos & Charlie's.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 07:37 AM
chazz

We liked The Paddock downtown - MUCH better than the fast-food places, but not as expensive as most of the "real" restaurants.<BR>We heard that the Hadicurari fishhouse (just N of Holiday Inn) was a good deal, but didn't get there - ran out of vacation!<BR><BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 07:54 AM
Carol

Our boys were 10 and 12 when we went to Aruba; there was a Tony Roma's near the Hyatt where we stayed, either Burger King or Macdonalds I think as well. We also bought breakfast each morning at the TCBY in the Hyatt -- huge bricks of banana bread, smoothies, etc. Or, there was a Dunkin Doughnuts across the street. You can wander the beach and find restaurants but beware, the food itself is not too badly priced, but the drinks (juice or milk, soda) are killers. We liked the Paddock, the Mill (looked like a Dutch windmill) was a bust; there was also a seafood place made to look like you're under water and had a pirate theme that was good. Where are you staying?

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Susan

We are staying at the Marriott Ocean Club.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 06:03 AM
Antoinette

I can't believe no one has told you about the Old Cunucu House. It's a native restaurant near the hotel strip. Prices are very reasonable. The Coconut Shrimp are the best. There is an on-line site for Aruba restaurants. Try looking under Yahoo- Aruba restaurants. Menu's etc. are printed. There is even a dine around program sponsored by the Aruba tourist board. Check with them or your travel agent for details.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 12:34 PM
CJ

On anothe site someone recommended a place called Banannas in the square downtown for very reasonably priced and good food ($5-9 range). For what it's worth, this person did not recommend Carlos & Charlies.