Reload this Page >

Renaissance Jamaica Grande

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 09:57 AM
j

Anybody been to Ocho Rios to the Renaissance Jamaica Grande lately. Considering going there in July. Is Ocho Rios still the most beautiful town on the island?

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 01:55 PM
Kellie

I'm not sure Ocho Rios is the most beautiful townon the island but it definitely has the most variety as far as day trips. We stayed at the Grande in April of 99 and loved it. Rooms are basic unless you have an executive suite or better but the hotel has great food, entertainment, beach (not like Negril but good for walking and swimming, not necessarily snorkeling). You definitely have to do the Dunn's Waterfall climb, rafting down the White River, Plantation Tour and shopping at Soni's Plaza. Enjoy!

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 04:11 PM
Lovey

I stayed at Jamaica Grande in June 1999. Loved it! My vacation was wonderful and VERY relaxing. We did have a basic room but it was not bad at all. The housekeeping was so good about keeping our room tidy and mopped free of the beach sand. We left a nice tip, despite having paid for all inclusive. We also had an excellent accomodations package so that made everything so much better! If you are looking for authentic Jamaican cuisine every night, you may not get it all at the resort. In my opinion they cater to tourists, which is not a bad thing. But I wanted more of the culture. They have 5 restaurants and the menus vary. But the food at the resort was good, I will not deny. The resort is located in a good spot that you could go into town. Jamaic-n-me-crazy disco was great on a Friday night. All in all if you go you should not be disappointed. Make sure you get on one of the booz cruises to Dunn's River Falls.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 06:47 PM
Angie

Beautiful hotel, but a little bit crowded. Overall, the hotel was absolutely wonderful. A lot of families vacationed here with kids. The hotel grounds were beautiful, nicely maintained. The food in all the restaurants was good. Try Cool Runnings, tables were set up in the sand, it was very romantic. I especially liked the Jamaican food, fried bananas and greens, served for breakfast in Mallard's Court. No need to dress up for dinners. Our room was just the right size - in the south tower, and we had a breathtaking view of the ocean. I heard the rooms in the north tower were smaller, but had even better views. Most always, the hotel staff were courteous, helpful, and accommodating. We had a wedding on the hotel grounds, which was nicely coordinated. The wedding pictures taken on hotel grounds, turned out great, also. <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 04:15 PM
gles61

went to Jamacia in Dec. of 99, with girlfriends. Thought it was a really fun trip. Town is literally down the block when the natives live. Native are really friendly. As for the hotel, I think the rooms can stand to be renovated. It's not dirty but worned. The food was good and you can eat yourself to death if you don't watch out. The grounds are beautifully maintained. I don't think I'll return until the rooms are renovated. But the actual trip minus the room condition my vacation was a blast.