Reload this Page >

RCCL-7 Day-First Timer-7/4/98

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 1998, 05:41 AM
George Mertz

Scheduled our first cruise for 7/4/98 to Eastern Caribbean(Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas and Coco Cay). Not quite sure what we are getting into but it's our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we needed to do something just for ourselves.
Any comments; pro, con or indifferent would be extremely helpful.
Thankx

Old Jan 12th, 1998, 07:58 PM
Rod Hoots

You've picked an excellent cruise line. We've used RCCL four or five times over the years and been very satisfied. My only suggestion would be to change to the Monarch of the Seas, if possible. Leaving from San Juan saves wasting two days at sea and the ports of call are much more interesting. This would also give you the option of a hotel stay in San Juan before or after the cruise - I would recommend the Hyatt Regency Cerromar Beach. Don't know how much you're willing to spend but our rule is to go up the cabin classes until we find one with a balcony and a bathtub - this guarantees a decent amount of space and the balcony adds a great deal of pleasure to your cruise. There aren't great bargains left any more but St. Thomas has so many interesting shops that it's still lots of fun to shop there. In any event, you'll enjoy cruising.

Old Jan 14th, 1998, 04:59 PM
SUE ADAM

You couldn't have picked a better cruiseline if you had cruised a dozen times before. RCCL, in our opinion is the very best in service, food and overall enjoyment. There is only one drawback and that is that RCCL seems to have the smallest cabins we have run into yet. Hope you booked an outside cabin, you'll love the view.
They are nice, just quite small compared to other ships. The food and service are wonderful and that makes up for everything on a cruiseship. Enjoy your cruise and have a great 25th anniversary.

t

Old Jan 18th, 1998, 12:56 PM
shari

Yes, you picked it. RCCL is a great line. We've taken a number over the years. I agree with other comments, deeper caribbean is better than bahamas area. However anything RCCl does is great. Try a Christmas Cruise with them sometime. Never been to Coco Cay, but their Labadee stop is similar from what I understand and it's first class. Our second favorite is Celebrity Cruises.

Old Apr 25th, 1998, 02:18 PM
CJ Lee

My husband & I celebrated our 25th annversary last year and went on the Grandeur of the Seas. This was our fifth cruise aboard the RCCL line. Won't even consider going on a different line. If this is your ship, it is real nice to have some days at sea just to relax. The food and shows are great. Labadee is just gorgeous. Also, if you have time, spend 1 or 2 days before the cruise in Miami.
Have fun!

Old May 4th, 1998, 05:17 PM
Michele

I agree with the other posts in that Royal is the best, matter of fact like it so much I've never used any other! I'll be on the Enchantment for two weeks in November matter of fact! But I disagree that you should change your itinerary. My very first cruise a few years ago was the very same itinerary only on the Sovereign of the Seas. My best friend and I were reminiscing just last night. We're not sure if it's because Labadee was the first place we'd ever seen in the Carribean, but we've seen alot of places since then and I still think Labadee is one of the most beautiful. San Juan was pretty breathtaking too. There were nine of us on that cruise and no bad pictures of San Juan. One piece of advice - see the beautiful beaches in St. Thomas instead of shopping! Cococay has terrific snorkeling and I really enjoy the stops on the private beaches, they're so relaxing. If I can help you anymore feel free to e-mail me. I envy that first time feeling!! Michele

[email protected]