Rain Forest on an Island?

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 02:21 PM
CB

Rain Forest on an Island?

My teenage daughter wants to explore the Rain Forest, but I am not up for Adventure on the Amazon. Which islands have Rain Forest jungles? Any also feature nice resorts, fashionable shops, and fine dining? Thanks in advance for any first hand advice!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Paul

Some islands with rainforests include Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Lucia, Dominica and St. Kitts. Of those, probably St. Lucia and St. Kitts have the best choice of nice resorts. Guadeloupe and Martinique will have the best dining (in my opinion, anyway), Martinique probably has the best shopping. The two most beautiful rainforests probably are those on Guadeloupe and Dominica, and both have extensive hiking and rainforest tours available. Dominica has loads of natural beauty, but not much else at all when it comes to dining, shopping or resorts.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Karen

Puerto Rico has a lovely rain forest

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Gail

Costa Rica also has a rain forest.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 08:34 AM
tasha

Dontg forget - Tobago has a rain forest w/ waterfalls!

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 05:03 PM
sarah

We just got back from a trip. The fest in Puerto Rico was disappointing. We did love the rainforest in St. Kitts and did a 1/2 walking trip through it. Lovely.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 04:16 PM
cj

El Yunque in Puerto Rico is really beautiful. There is also a great beach not too far away (Luquillo beach). You are also not far from San Juan and Old San Juan for shopping, nightlife etc.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 05:19 PM
S

Nevis has a wonderful rain forest, with varieties of plants the species of which are older than dinosaurs, great hiking, wonderful places to stay. It's very small and quiet, and children love it. Some of the plantation inns are near the rain forest, and several guides take people out on fascinating hikes. There's more info on www.nevisisland.com