Radisson & Bicuti- Aruba- HELP!!!!!

Mar 20th, 2002, 11:36 AM
PJ

Radisson & Bicuti- Aruba- HELP!!!!!

Honeymoon- 9/15
Cant decide whether Radisson or Bicuti
We want great beaches and all the perks of a resort but dont want noise and crowding on our honeymoon
we want activity but we dont want to have to reserve spots on the beach and whatnot
the radisson seems nice but overcrowded (ie: you have to go to the beach early in order to get a good spot) and the bicuti seems nice but not with enough to do (ie: you have to leave the hotel for snorkeling)
am i wrong or right
which one should i choose-- or is there another resort in aruba that could be more accomodating?
thanks so much for any info!!!!

Mar 20th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Marilyn

There is more activity in the high-rise area, but the hotels are more crowded as a result of it. There is less activity in the low-rise area and it is not as crowded. Maybe the solution is spending 3-4 days at each resort? First go for the activity and then go for the quiet toward the end of the week.

Mar 20th, 2002, 12:36 PM
chazz

The two hotels are totally different.
The Radisson is large and luxurious.
The Bucuti is small and quiet.
If a fancy pool is important to you, go to the Radisson.
The beach is less crowded at the Bucuti.
Although there are more activities available "at your door" at the Rad, it is easy enough to access activities from the Bucuti - either pickup will be provided, or you can take an inexpensive taxi, or an even less expensive bus, or you may want to rent a car for a few days.
To get "all the perks of a resort" you should probably pick the Radisson.

Mar 20th, 2002, 01:38 PM
moran

I would never choose the Bucuti for a honeymoon, yes it is on a quiet beach but it is very basic. Costa Linda is on the same beach and would be a better choice, but for a really nice place I would choose the Hyatt. I think you are going during a less busy time (the kids are back in school) and it is off-season so I don't think crowds will be an issue. Especially the week of 9/11 when I imagine many people will choose not to travel.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 04:59 PM
Bud

This is again a "apples to oranges" comparison. The Bucuti is a "basic" european-style resort. Laid back and quiet. The Radisson is a "upscale full-service" resort. I have toured all of the resorts on Aruba and I, personally, like the services of a "upscale" resort. I have stayed at the Radisson recently and will continue to return there. I NEVER found it "overcrowded". Remember, the "you only get what you pay for" philosophy when choosing anything. But, it will depend on your personal tastes. If you need a dependable agent, contact Alan Kramer at Pinnacle Tours (800) 541-7057.

Mar 25th, 2002, 04:57 AM
sue

Aruba Marriott has a waterfall in the swimming pool. Very tropical and romantic. It is the LAST high rise on the beach, so it is less crowded. At night, you and your hubby will be the only one out there. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon 9/24 and there were no kids and all couples. Extremely romantic. We've been there 3 times since.

Have a wonderful time!!