Reload this Page >

Questions About St. Lucia

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2001, 10:42 AM
cherie

We are planning a trip to St. Lucia (our first)to celebrate our "25th" in August. We have been to Jamaica in August 6 times (stayed in Falmouth) but want to try something new. Any advice for us? We are thinking about staying at Rendezvous. If anyone has stayed there, please let us know how you liked it. How is the beach? Is the water warm? Any information would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Old May 9th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Mary

I thought St. Lucia was a beautiful island and the people were wonderful. If you do a search up on top you will find a wealth of information about St. Lucia in general and some great hotels. If money isn’t an object, I’ve read that Ladera, Jalousie Hilton, Anse Chastenet, Sandals, and the Hyatt are great hotels. They all are unique so it depends on what your tastes are. Mago Estate looks very interesting. I haven’t seen anything on this forum about the place but I know they have a website with pictures. Haven’t heard too much about Rendezvous but I’m sure there’s some stuff in the archives. We stayed at the Wyndham Morgan Bay. A mid-priced hotel which we felt was a great value for the money. My only disappointments were that I didn’t have enough time to do everything I wanted to, and that the water wasn’t the turquoise rainbow I have heard about elsewhere. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Old May 9th, 2001, 12:14 PM
Mary

Cheri: Just thought of this. Try the following website and arrow down to the start of the reviews for the Rendezvous. You can use this website for all sorts or resorts on all sorts of islands. <BR> <BR>http://www.wheretostay.com/caribbean...5-reviews.html <BR>

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:42 AM
Lori

We just returned from St. Lucia and stayed at the Hyatt. I would highly recommend it. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Old May 11th, 2001, 05:47 AM
Kim

We also just returned from Sandals St.Lucia Golf & Spa resort Beautiful resort and huge. We will return there again nx yr. St. Lucia is a beautiful lush,tropical island. It was our 25th Anniversary while we were there.Any ? just ask.

Old May 11th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Gab

Hi Kim, <BR> <BR>I know you have been to Sandals Negril as well as others. How does Sandals St. Lucia compare to Sandals Negril? Travel time getting there? quality of food? Friendly staff? Beaches? Nightlife?? Working on our 20th next year. Many thanks!

Old May 12th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Kim

Yes, I have been to Negril. St. Lucia is a very tropical lush island the mountains and views are just breathtaking. Sandals by far has a better beach. But overall we loved them both very much. We live just outside of Chicago and the plane flight was about 5 1/2 hours from Chicago. The food was wonderful at the Sandals in St. Lucia lots of resturants to enjoy. As far as Nightlife is was fun, not wild at all. We will return there again soon. <BR>email me direct I can tell you more.

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 01:18 PM
jeff

Here's some photos from my trip to Sandals St.Lucia Golf Resort<BR>http://www.worldisround.com/articles/4999/

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 04:02 PM
Greg

My wife and I just got back from St. Lucia on 6/17/2001. We stayed at the Hyatt for 2 weeks. The hotel is in a very remote location. Everything you do will be done on the property or you will pay big $$ to get to other restaurants or shopping. We have stayed all over the Caribbean and with Hyatt on many occasions but this Hyatt stay was not at all what we are use to.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:12 AM
Mary

Greg: Does that mean you were or you were not impressed with the Hyatt in St. Lucia?

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:01 AM
brooke

We loved St. Lucia. Went for our honeymoon in December. All the wonderful lush, beautiful things you hear about the island are true. The people are extremely nice. We stayed at Anse Chastnet and Le Sport. Very different hotels - we were glad we did both, different experiences, different parts of the island. Love Anse Chastnet. Heard wonderful things about the Hilton -- a friend went there right after we went.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:52 AM
Marie

Because the south &amp; north ends of the island are so drastically different, we took the advice of another poster &amp; stayed 3 nights at Anse Chastanet &amp; 3 nights at the Hyatt (took a water taxi from 1 to the other). It was great! Took the rain forest excursion &amp; another tour in Soufriere, then was able to go to the market in Castries when at the Hyatt. Also went up the mountain at Pigeon Fort, just walking distance from the Hyatt. Glad to answer any questions. The current issue of Conde Nast Traveler magazine has 2 pictures of 2 great restaurants we ate at while on the south end - Bang Between the Pitons &amp; Dasheen at Ladera. Not to be missed!

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:09 PM
Laura

Greg, <BR> <BR>We are planning our 1st anniv. trip to the Hyatt St. Lucia in 2 weeks, we stayed at the Hyatt Aruba for our honeymoon and loved it. Have you stayed there? how does it compare? Why were you disappointed with the Hyatt St. lucia, according to my travel agent the Hyatt is not that remote.. am I misinformed? Thanks for any help

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:14 PM
laura

Greg, <BR> <BR>We are planning our 1st anniv. trip to the Hyatt St. Lucia in 2 weeks, we stayed at the Hyatt Aruba for our honeymoon and loved it. Have you stayed there? how does it compare? Why were you disappointed with the Hyatt St. lucia, according to my travel agent the Hyatt is not that remote.. am I misinformed? Thanks for any help