Search

Q's re The Caves

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q's re The Caves

I have a few (ok, a bunch of) questions for those who have been. We will be there in mid-Feb. How are the bugs/mosquitos? Will reasonably discrete smoking (that is, not in the restaurant or at the pool!) be a problem? If the place is full/sold out, is there any worry about getting lounge chairs, places to hang out? How was the food? Recommendations for other places to see for food, music, fun. Any tips, or things to ask for? Did you use the hotel driver from MoBay or hire your own.

Thanks Much
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

OK, how about another question since nobody responded to the first set? How is the swimming at the Caves in mid-Feb? Is the ocean rough at that time of year? I read on tripadvisor that one person called it "surviving" not "swimming"
Any response appreciated
Thanks
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 08:01 AM

I laughed when I read the "surviving" comment. I think its pretty accurate! While I did not stay at the Caves, I did stay very cloe by and the water was too rough for me. I rarely chose a pool over the ocean as I much prefer the sea and salt. Luckily, the pool at the hotel was wonderful.
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Where did you stay and what time of year?
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:43 AM

I can't speak to the water by the Caves specifically, but the west end water seems to vary daily. Sometimes it is calm and clear, like glass, perfect for snorkeling. Some days it is really rough and it's not possible to swim.

I have not had any trouble with mosquitoes on the west end though I do wear repellent around sunset. No sand fleas to worry about at all.