Reload this Page >

punta canta or st martin for honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Peter

which one for a honeymoon? if neither, where in the caribbeans for a honeymoon (in august)? thanks a bunch.<BR><BR>peter

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Jesse

Ahh, the Caribbean in August. It is almost the height of the hurricane season. But that did not stop me from going in Sept and having a great time. I would sugguest St John for your honeymoon if do do not mind gambling with the season. If not try the ABC islands.<BR>As far as Punta Cana is concerned, I have looked into going there this year. There is not that much info on P.C. I looked at all the websites and it seems boring to me. Not many people camment on the island on this board either.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Parrot Mom

The reason you don't see much about Punta Cana on this board is that THE board for the D.R. is www.debbiesdominicantravel.com<BR><BR>It would be a great area for a honeymoon, just pick the hotel and read the reviews, it certainly would be much less expensive. We stayed at the Catalonia Bavaro and plenty of things to do on and off the resort.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Maria

Depending on what you are looking for in a honeymoon (ie..nightlife, town to wander off to shop, dine) than Punta Cana may not be the best choice. You really are confined to the hotel area as there is no town or you can take exercusions for day trips. For the best info in the DR go to http://www.dr1.com as this is based in the DR and they can and will answer all your questions. <BR><BR>But, also keep in mind that August is hurricane season in the Caribbean and you may want to consider Aruba (very popular honeymoon destination) as it is out of the hurriane belt, awesome beaches and some of the finest restaurants in the Caribbean. Try Travel Unlimited for package prices at http://www.travelunlimited.com<BR><BR>Where ever you decide, best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:33 PM
peter

thanks to all of you for your helpful comments! best of luck on your travel plans as well!<BR><BR>peter

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:22 AM
xx

I have been to Punta Cana before and stayed at the Iberostar Punta Cana. The hotel was great! Lots to do, etc.<BR>There were people there that were on their honeymoon.<BR>However when it came time to pick my honeymoon destination we decided against going back there b/c we wanted complete seclusion. <BR>The hotel was crowded but b/c of the way it is spaced out, it really didn't feel that way. But, we still wanted something were it would seem like we were the only two on the beach.<BR><BR>So, I guess it all depends on what you are looking for in a honeymoon.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 10:43 AM
J.T.

Stay away from St. Martin in August -- you're asking for a ruined honeymoon due to a hurricane. (I wouldn't suggest it anyway -- too dirty and unsafe.) I agree with the Aruba suggestion. It's south of the hurricane belt. I've been to Aruba in August and it was great! Enjoy & Congratulations<BR>

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 11:00 AM
chazz

Aruba is an excellent choice during hurricane season.<BR>However, if you would prefer something less Americanized and more scenic, consider Grenada - also far enough south for reduced hurricane risk.<BR><BR>