Search

Punta Cana question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2003, 12:33 PM
cdt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana question

We're considering our first trip to Punta Cana and there's one point on which we're a bit confused:<BR><BR>Can you take really long walks on the beach, or are you limited to the property where you're staying?<BR><BR>I've seen comments about guards at the borders of each hotel's beach area, so I'm a little unclear about this.<BR>
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 02:39 PM
me

Yes , you can walk all 40 miles of beach .We've been to Punta Cana several times , staying at diferent resorts and taken 2,3 hours walks from our hotels -no problem !
Old Apr 21st, 2003, 02:53 PM

yes! i went to D.R. this past august and my family and I walked for about 2 hours and we still were not at the end of the beach. it stretches for miles. absolutley georgeous!
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:03 AM
kep

In Punta Cana walking on the beach setting the goal of lets just walk until we get to that point over there is a daily routine. Best part is when you reach that point the beautiful beach just beckons you to walk until that next point! Enjoy, Bavaro beach is one of the best beaches in the Caribbean. The guards are there to keep people from walking through the resorts , using the chairs and pools ect. Karen
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 06:35 AM

We walked the beach every day...and we could have gone on and on and on..
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 01:11 PM

It really is the most breathtaking beach to walk along and if you get the chance to do the helecopter trip go for it. I have never seen anything so beautiful in all of my travels. Absolutely stunning. We did the 30 minute trip which went the whole length of the beach and back the other way, out to sea and inland, and to finish off we went over the hotel complexes. Worth every peso.