Reload this Page >

Aqua Bay Club or Turtle Nest Inn?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2000, 10:11 PM
Mag

Any input which is a better place? Nicest sandy beach?

Old May 24th, 2000, 10:47 AM
Russ

My wife and I stayed at Aqua Bay Club last June and loved it. We had the beach and pool to ourselves most of the time. Cemetary Reef is within 5-minutes walking distance. The condo we rented was very nice and clean. We would stay there again.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 06:03 PM
DONNY

JUST GOT BACK FROM GRAND CAYMAN! STAYED AT AUQUA BAY 2 YEARS AGO AND LOVED IT. IF WE HAD IT TO DO OVER THIS YEAR WE WOULD CHOOSE AQUA BAY AGAIN!! WE STAYED AT A BRAND NEW PLACE AND IT WAS O.K.(NEW) BUT IT WAS ABOUT 45 MIN. OUTSIDE OF TOWN. I REMEMBER SEEIND TURTLE NEST IN AND IT DID NOT LOOK LIKE ANYTHING SPECIAL TO ME (HAVE NOT SEEN INSIDE) BUT DO REMEMBER IT WAS OUT OF TOWN A LITTLE WAYS TOO (EST. 20-30 MIN). GOOD LUCK AND E-MAIL ME IF I CAN BE MORE HELP!!

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Paul

We've experienced them both. We stayed at Aqua Bay when it was called Grand Bay Club and it was okay - similar to many of the condos at the far end of SMB. No local flavour though and traffic has become too heavy. So we tried Turtle Nest Inn during our last holiday and TNI is clearly our preference. The apartment was better laid out, the view was superior as was the snorkelling. With the managers living on the premise and always accessible, service was quicker and more friendly. Better value too. When walking through the village, we met islanders rather than tourists, and it had much more of a peaceful Caribbean taste than SMB. The problem is that Turtle Nest is booked far in advance, so the dates of our next trip to Grand Cayman will be decided by availability at TNI - but we won't go elsewhere!

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 12:36 PM
Bob

Would fully agree with Paul. We've been to Grand Cayman countless times during the last 22 years, and experienced Aqua Bay Club as well as many other facilities along Seven Mile Beach. We've often lamented the over-development of the area, the traffic and the lack of colour. Since discovering Turtle Nest Inn in Bodden Town, we wouldn't stay elsewhere. While TNI is also perfect for the tourist seeking a more exotic alternative, it is the definite choice for the traveller. We're already booked for a second stay.