Private/Secluded Veranda/plunge pool

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife & I would like to find a resort in the caribbean or Mexico that has cottages/villas with very secluded verandas/decks, preferrably with an outdoor shower and plunge pool. We aren't looking for a nude resort, but would like to be nude while on our veranda/plunge pool. We don't need a huge resort, but would like a little bit of night life, at least some other couples to chat with at the bar, maybe music on some nights, etc. Can you help us out?

Thanks,

apprenticeship
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM

apprenticeship, you might want to look into Spice Island Beach Resort on Grenada. They have very upscale walled in private poolsuites cottages. Their website(www.spiceislandbeachresort.com)does not have whole a lot, but if you "google" it othes web sites will come up with a lot of pics. Try www.travelhop.com
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 03:35 AM

I'm not 100% sure if Spice Island is open yet - they weren't when we were on Grenada in November - but they were getting close.

Look into PSV in the Grenadines, Covecastles and Cap Juluca in Anguilla, and Ladera in St Lucia.
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:18 AM

Maroma , Ikal del Mar , Ladera maybe ? Stonefield Estate Villas ......
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:20 AM

In addition to the other great suggestions, take a look at Jalousie Plantation on St. Lucia (formerly Jalousie Hilton). Ti Kaye Village, also on St. Lucia, has a few cottages with plunge pools(and all of them have outdoor showers) but I'm not sure they're private enough for what you're looking for. I've read that Galley Bay on Antigua has added plunge pools to their Gaughin rooms, so that might also be worth looking into. Good luck!
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:37 AM

Another might be Las Brisas Resorts in Mexico.

http://www.brisas.com.mx/?setlang=eng&setcurr=mn
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:41 AM

My wife and I are looking for similar type accommodations...(for other reasons....) Does anyone know if there are private plunge pool, high walled cottages/villas in Puerto Rico??

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 04:44 AM

msalzbank, check out the Horned Dorset Primavera on the west coast. Some of the suites and villas there have private pools, but I'm not sure about the privacy walls. It's a Relais & Chateaux property not far from Rincon.
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. We're still looking, but now I've got a few more leads to pursue. I'm also going to post on the Latin America board to see about recommendations for Costa Rica. Thanks again.

Apprenticeship
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM

La Casa Que Canta Master Pool Suites in Zihuatanejo.
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:48 AM

Hey...I just responded to your Costa Rica post but I have a different reponse for this post. My fiance and I were looking for very similar things for our Oct. 06 honeymoon. We have decided to stay at El Careyes Resort and El Tamarindo Resort on the Pacific Coast of Mexico (south of Puerto Vallarta and north of Manzanillo). We have already been to Costa Rica...loved it and will go back...but wanted somewhere new for our honeymoon. Check out some of my posts if you want more info or reply back. Happy hunting...
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:51 AM

Sorry...I forgot to mention that La Casa Que Canta and Villa Del Sol also look amazing in Zihuatanejo (Pacific coast of Mexico...further south)!