Prettier-St. Martin ot St. Thomas??

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 11:03 AM
dan

Prettier-St. Martin ot St. Thomas??

The reaosn why I ask Is beacause even though im leaning towards st. martin, St. thomas has day trip access to the bvis and st. john. Which has prettier beaches, safer, best food, best scenery, greener, Etc, St. martin or thomas?

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 11:30 AM
anon

St. Thomas is prettier and you will love St. John a short ferry ride away. It has great food, although the food in St. Martin is better. For prettier beaches, safer, greener, best scenery and good food opt for St. Thomas. Make sure you take a day trip to BVI. You did not ask but snorkeling is great!

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 12:40 PM
Jeremy

ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO COMMENT OTHER THAN ANON? lol iM NOT LISTENIN TO HIM/HER.

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 12:41 PM
Jeremy

HEY ANON, ARE YOU SAYING THE SNORKLEING IS BETTER ON ST. THOMAS?

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:08 AM
chelsea

No comparison - St. Martin -still one of the prettiest, most romantic islands. Grand Case cannot be compared. St Thomas is ok and you are right about island hopping but we enjoyed St. Martin much more.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:36 AM
Martin

Gee; I didn't think either island was "pretty". And both have problems with crime and unfriendly people.

Instead of St. Thomas, stay on St. John or Tortola. Instead of St. Martin, try Anguilla.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:12 AM
Jeremy

What is with these anon people. Are they payed by St. thomas to bash st. martin? I wouldent stay on Anguilla when I can go there for a day trip.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 02:14 PM
Play nice

"Beautiful" means different things to different people.

Jeremy, if you didn't like Anguilla or Cayman, why are you even considering St. Martin? I'm confused about your posts on this board. You want safe & clean, but you also want shanties & bad roads. You're looking for atmosphere & lush greenery, obviously.

There are lots of "anons" & you've just insulted a person who was trying to be helpful & answer a question. You're opinion's different, fine, say so, but don't be nasty, especially when you're asking people for help on a different post. Gee whiz, son.

Slow down, take a breath, think of the ocean. It's not as much where you go as the attitude you take with you.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 02:51 PM
Jeremy

Im just confused. Ive been to ocho rios, cayman, key west, cozumel, and turks and caicos. So I cant say I dont like anguilla, but Since it is so close to st. martin, I wouldent stay there cause i can take day trips there. I guess I thouhgt the anon people were just trying to screw st martin because all I see is them posting murder stories to scare people going there. I want pretty, but I also want the fun st. martin offers. So I relly dont know what to say other than to ask my travel agent to look for the BVIS and barbados. Thats what Im planning to do. I sound confused on this board, mainly cause I am confused.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:05 PM
Martin

To clarify... are "dan" and "JEREMY" the same person. And if not, why did JEREMY take over the post and start insulting the people who replied?

Like I said, neither St. T nor St. M are particularly "pretty", in that both have a lot of poverty and some of the people tend to display a good bit of attitude. Both have some excellent beaches (I would call it a draw), but other nearby islands have beaches that are just as nice and much less crowded.

Food? French side of St. Martin is hard to beat. Scenery and greenery? Wow! So many other islands have MUCH more than those two. Dominica, if you want some real Carribean adventure. St. Lucia if you want to be more on the tourist path. Grenada if you want half-way between.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:27 PM
Diane

I thought St Martin was one of the most beautiful islands we've visited. We were there in Oct 1997. The French side is most attractive. Looking down from the "mountains" over Islet Pinel (where there is fine snorkeling, BTW, if you avoid the "classes") is breathtaking. Grand Case is a delightful sleepy town with first class restaurants. L'Alabama was so good we ate there twice. The night they were closed, they suggested we try L'Hibiscus. It was on a par with Arpege in Paris. A daytrip to Anguilla is fabulous. We went there twice, as well! Shopping in Marigot (the French capitol) was delightful and nothing like over-done St Thomas.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:58 PM
Jeremy

Yea I posted as dan by mistake, thats the son. DOminica may be pretty but im looking for just a little island. St. martin looks like it has green mountains and it looks fun so...

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 07:30 PM
Mike

FYI--People reply to messages anonymously because they don't want to be spammed. That doesn't necessarily mean their opinions can't be trusted or that they're trolls.

It sounds to me as though you've already made up your mind. Every time someone offers up a negative opinion of St. Martin, you reply by defending your choice. Are you really looking for suggestions or are you just looking for people to tell you that you've made the right decision by choosing St. Martin?

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Jeremy

I got what I wanted in terms of other islands.
tortola, st. john, barbados, grenada.