Search

Pink Sands Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 03:49 AM
linda from NJ

Pink Sands Hotel

Has anyone heard or been to the Pink Sands Hotel on Harbout Island. How do you get to Harbour Island from Ft. Lauderdale

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Cheryl

Do a search on this site and you will find information on this resort. Also, check out their web site.

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 06:21 PM
lbrodsky

Cheryl have you ever been there?

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 05:35 PM
gail

L

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 06:00 PM
gail

Linda, sorry about the post above, my fingers are not working well tonight. lol. <BR> <BR>Ok Pink Sands is the most upscale resort on island, alot of celebs have found the place so may find celeb watching fun. <BR> <BR>The accomodations are villas overlooking the beautiful pink sand beach and aqua water. <BR> <BR>The food at Pink Sands is excellent as are the common areas and landscaping. <BR> <BR>There is a nice pool, deck area off the restaurant and a beach bar/restaurant steps off the beach. <BR> <BR>From Florida, you can fly into Nassau and take the Bahamas Fast Ferrry to Harbour Island or fly Bahamas Air to N. Eleuthera Airport. Another option is to fly USAir out of Ft. Lauderdale direclty to N. Eleuthera Airport and then it's a quick taxi ride and a water taxi over to the island. <BR> <BR>I spend a couple of weeks a year on island, so if you have any other questions, you can email me at [email protected]. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip. <BR> <BR>gail <BR>

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:42 PM
Beth

Hi- <BR>I stayed at Pink Sands last year with my mother and sister. It's a beautiful property, but I found it to be very exclusive and private - which is maybe why it caters to so many celebrities. You might find this a good thing, but I thought people were pretty stand-off-ish. Not a lot of mingling. Everybody stays in their own "houses" (not rooms), which are decorated with colorful, funky furnishings and cd players (w/cd's!) in every room! The beach is huge and spectacular, but it's not really like typical Caribbean beaches (it's better for running than for swimming), and it really is pink - esp. at sunset. One warning, though - you have to walk down a pretty steep cliff to get to the beach from your house. The dining setting (b'fast and dinner)is really beautiful (alfresco), but one very major complaint - we all thought the food was terrible! And since I think there's a meal plan, you're kind of stuck. The food and drinks at the lunchtime patio place (I forget the name!) was really good, though, but of course this is not included in the plan. There's a pretty good-sized pool, 2 tennis courts, a small exercise room (never saw anyone in it), and a nice lounge/bar/common area. A beautiful and unique place, but not for everyone. Hope this helps!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 07:47 AM
angie

hello cheryl <BR>i stayed at pink sands june 2000 and was very impressed with the food 4 course gourmet meals everynight,there is little to do so the food has to be good.lunches at the beach rest are excellent too. <BR>june weather is not an ideal time to go <BR>(wedding anniversary) but for a short stay it is just gorgeous. <BR>the food at romorra bay on the other side of the island is highly recc(evening meal) <BR>just one word of warning do not wear a skirt when you are taking the water taxi unless it is long and flowing as it is sometimes difficult io exit the small boats if the quay is much higher as i found out wearing a knee lengh tight skirt(it`s a good job i do yoga)